PDA

View Full Version : Camping with a Powered Parachute

AgentCOPP1
07-14-2012, 05:01 PM
Hello everyone. I just had a quick question. This will be my first year where I will be hauling up my PPC, and I will be tent camping. I'm guessing that they would let me camp next to the UL runway since I'm bringing one. So anyway, these are my questions:

1. I know there are campsites directly adjacent to the ultralight runway. There is one by the ultralight barn, and one south of the runway. Does it matter which one I go to, and if not, can I choose?
2. If I'm at the southern campsite, is it okay to walk to the main grounds via Wittman Dr?
3. When I get to the city of Oshkosh, I'll be coming north by US-41. Can I just take exit 115 and go on Waupun Rd and go directly to the campsite that way (and just pay the fee there)? Or do I have to go somewhere else to pay?

Thanks for all your help.

orvie6
07-14-2012, 09:08 PM
I will attempt to answer question No. 3 for you... I think if you get of US-41 at exit 113 and start up Poberezeny Rd and take the first right off of it...that is Waupun Road..follow it til it meets with Knapp St. and that is where the Ultralight Barn is located...Also there is a campsite located there.. I would first go to the Ultralight Barn and inqure about your aircraft and camping options.. I think that would be your easiest entry to the area.. Hope I am correct in this and hope you enjoy your stay.. According to the way you worded your one sentence..(..my first year where I will be hauling...) you have been to Airventure before..so I think you may be familuar with the exit and directions I have given..
Wayne