PDA

View Full Version : Ride share stories

vaflier
07-04-2012, 08:12 PM
I may have an empty seat in my aircraft headed to Oshkosh out of Virginia. Anyone have any experience with the ride share program, good , bad or otherwise ?. I am considering it, as it. Is always more fun to fly with. Someone else.

malexander
07-05-2012, 01:40 PM
:)I've seen lots of talk about it on here. But not much in the way of takers. Seems like when the "empty seat" appears, the conversation ends. Unless perhaps they're pm-ing.

FlyingJosh
07-05-2012, 05:14 PM
Hi vaflyer I was just about to post there - I'm in Richmond, VA and was either going to try to find 1-2 people to join me in a 182RG for a quick trip to OSH, or to hitch with someone else who is already going. I'm looking to go on Thursday 7/26 or Friday 7/27, return on Sunday in time to not get home too late. What days were you thinking of?

RickFE
07-11-2012, 08:09 PM
I used rideshare last year and ended up with 2 compatible riders. I did get a number of people calling that were interested in what seemed like airline guarantee for little or no $hare. I put in a rideshare ad this year but added a local note on the airport bulletin board at my local airport which seems to have generated a lot of interest.

Personally I feel that if splitting a ride helps to benefit someone else and myself, Great! But I have no qualms of trekking alone.

Good Luck

Bill Greenwood
07-11-2012, 08:15 PM
I know 2 people who seem like nice folks and are looking for rides from Boulder, Co. area. One, a student pilot, can go most anytime, early in the week is good, and one, who is a pilot, must work until Wed.
Any offers?

malexander
07-12-2012, 03:33 AM
I used rideshare last year and ended up with 2 compatible riders. I did get a number of people calling that were interested in what seemed like airline guarantee for little or no $hare. I put in a rideshare ad this year but added a local note on the airport bulletin board at my local airport which seems to have generated a lot of interest.

Personally I feel that if splitting a ride helps to benefit someone else and myself, Great! But I have no qualms of trekking alone.

Good Luck

Yeah, my brother was offering to take someone with him. But when he mentioned $haring the cost, they backed out. They're lookig for a free ride. Sound familiar?