PDA

View Full Version : Event Insurance

FunInAviation
06-28-2012, 12:09 PM
We were approached by another EAA Chapter in our area about putting on a combined event, where boths chapter would support and run the event. Can the EAA insurance program insure 2 chapters for a single event? The other question would be whether we should even consider hosting a combined event. Problems? Catch22s?

WLIU
06-29-2012, 11:10 AM
Speak with Karen Krzaniak in EAA Risk Management. She has always been helpful to me. I host several chapter events each year.

Best of luck,

Wes
IAC 35

pdecraene
07-18-2012, 07:18 PM
Smitty
last year our Chapter was asked to help with a Young Eagles event that was not at our home airport. It was run by the park district, wo manages the airport, and has been done by another chapter for the last several years. They had trouble getting enough pilots to give rides so they asked if we would help. I first talked to the other chapters Pres and YE coordinator then took it to our members. We ended up with more airplanes and flew more kids than the other chapter, but everyone was happy. We will probable do it again this year. We also did get the evnt ins. as did the other chapter.

dpuguy
08-03-2012, 08:01 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach combined chapter YE Event? I am the Chapter 15 YE Coordinator and am looking to get some more traction to continued YE flights (our first event is tomorrow!!!!!), but I believe that a combined chapter effort might be the best approach.

dusterpilot
08-03-2012, 08:29 PM
Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach combined chapter YE Event?
We do it all the time. One chapter takes the lead and gets the event insurance. Pilots from other chapters help out. The event insurance covers all EAA members participating, regardless of chapter affiliation. (You don't even have to have a chapter affiliation.) Fill out the YE form with the pilot's chapter number on it and then each chapter gets credit for the YE's their chapter members fly. It's easy. Don't over think it. Just do what makes good common sense.

dpuguy
08-04-2012, 08:18 PM
Thanks for the advice! Our YE event got off to a good start and our chapter might even get some promotional and recruitment help from the family's we took up today.

Sean

Janet Davidson
08-05-2012, 06:31 AM
Great photo :)

rosiejerryrosie
08-05-2012, 08:15 AM
How'd you get those kids to smile? :D

Trevor Janz
08-17-2012, 11:29 AM
Liesl Wrolstad lwrolstad@eaa.org or 920-426-6106 is also a great resource in our Risk Management/Insurance department.

From what I understand, talking with Karen and Liesl, is that the event has to be solely be an EAA Chapter event, it cannot be combined with or in conjunction with any other organizations event. Unless that other organization can prove they have adequate insurance on the event.

Liesl put this form together to show what is and what is not ccovered. Hope this helps. http://www.eaa.org/chapters/resources/reference/chapter_insurance_guide.pdf