PDA

View Full Version : Sprayer for Corrision Stuff

FunInAviation
06-14-2012, 08:14 AM
Hi guys!

I would like to spray the interior of my wings (and various other places) with corrision protection stuff. I have the stuff but no sprayer. Any suggestions for a sprayer?

It's a Sky Chicken.
Thanks!

Mike Switzer
06-14-2012, 08:55 AM
I think when our 182 was done a couple years ago they just used a cheap pump up sprayer from the farm store.

Zack Baughman
06-14-2012, 09:28 AM
Not saying this is the brand you should buy, but something like these should do the trick:

http://www.solousa.com/store/browse/handheld_sprayers.html

vaflier
06-14-2012, 07:59 PM
Use a cheap sandblast gun with a suction hose. You know the $15 type from harbor freight or elswhere. Set your air pressure at 40 to 50 PSI. It works great. It atomises well and will fog ACF 50 into all the little nooks and crannys that you cannot get to directly. I used about a 1/2 gallon on my Cherokee 140. It really does do a good job. Use a respirator and have plenty of rags handy to clean up what drips out. If the airplane is already open as at annual inspections it only takes about 40 minutes to treat the airframe all over including inside the tail. Don't forget the flaps, ailerons and rudder and stabilator. There are holes in them that you can spray through. Just press the nozzle over the hole and spray.

FunInAviation
06-15-2012, 06:23 AM
Thanks Guys!

WLIU
06-15-2012, 11:06 AM
The only part the you are missing is a way to get the fluid into the nooks and crannies of your wings that are some distance from the inspection openings and the wing tips. When I have my C-182 wings Corrosion X-ed, the tech had me take the wingtips off, and then used some fairly long tubular nozzles to get to all of the rib bays in the wing. You will have to bend up some lengths of tubing and adapt them to your sprayer to get that job done. No use treating some of the wing and having the rest corrode anyway.

Best of luck,

Wes
N78PS

n1acguy
06-15-2012, 09:42 PM
I think this can be adjusted to spray whatever you want as long as it's not real thick.
http://www.harborfreight.com/engine-cleaning-gun-68290.html