PDA

View Full Version : Any problem parking in GAP on Sunday

brandon67e
06-12-2012, 08:46 PM
HI, normally I fly in on Wednesday, but this year I am planning on coming in on Sunday. Does GAP ever close on Sunday. I will be arriving around 11. Thanks in advance

vaflier
06-12-2012, 09:45 PM
Only if it is full

Joe Delene
06-14-2012, 04:59 AM
I doubt if it would be full. Just listen to ATIS as you arrive to get current info & go somewhere else in the unlikely event it was full. I'd try to get a feel for any of the 'mass arrivals' & be prepared to wait them out if you happened in at a time they had reserved. The current weather is always a wild card too.

FlyingRon
06-14-2012, 05:59 AM
Mass arrival sched (from the website):

Cherokees: Friday, July 20, 1 p.m.
Bonanzas: Saturday, July 21, 1 p.m.
Cessnas: Saturday, July 21, 2:30 p.m.
Mooneys: Saturday, July 21, 4 p.m.
RVs: Sunday, July 22, 1:30 p.m.
AirVenture Cup Racers: Sunday, July 22, 3 p.m.

lkorona
06-14-2012, 07:37 AM
The two times I've flown into the show I have arrived on Sunday, once it was in the morning, and the other was in the evening about 1 hour prior to when the field was closing. Both times the N40 had plenty of parking spots. I doubt very much that the spots will be full on Sunday. When in doubt check the web site for the latest parking update.

Both times that I flown in I planned the trip with a stop at MSN to get fuel, use the bathroom, check the weather and parking status. It's a short hop to OSH from there, so no surprises when I get to RIPON.

FlyingRon
06-14-2012, 07:59 AM
If you're looking for a good final stop coming from the South/South East you might try 02C (Capitol Airport/Brookfield). Nice cheap fuel, friendly airport. There's a Culver's and a Subway a block or so off the field as well...