PDA

View Full Version : Best RV Stories (or: am I the only one...?)

Hal Bryan
06-07-2012, 11:11 AM
Why do I "fall" for this every single time?! Best RV stories - cool, a new flying blog, maybe? Oh... wait...

(And, yes, I realize I owe an apology to any one of you whom I may have just tricked with this post - misery loves company! :) )

keen9
06-07-2012, 02:57 PM
I don't fall for it (except when it's on an EAA site!), but I do get mad every time I try a web search for something that could apply to both kinds of RVs . . . bearings, tires, electrical components, etc. I now search "RV-7 whatever", then "RV-9 whatever" and on down the line if I'm not successful.

Hal Bryan
06-07-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't fall for it (except when it's on an EAA site!)

Yeah...sorry about that! :eek:

rwanttaja
06-07-2012, 04:23 PM
Due to a job I had in my delicate, formative years, every time I see "RV," I think "Re-entry Vehicle." Imagine how disappointed *I* am, these days... :-)

Ron Wanttaja

flyingriki
06-07-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't fall for it (except when it's on an EAA site!), but I do get mad every time I try a web search for something that could apply to both kinds of RVs . . . bearings, tires, electrical components, etc. I now search "RV-7 whatever", then "RV-9 whatever" and on down the line if I'm not successful.

Can I ask what was the point of the story in the EAA magazine on an RV-7 that almost made 27,000 feet? He mentions setting a record but then nothing else about it and it's too low for a record for single engine about that weight.