PDA

View Full Version : Can't post on EAA Forums from iPad

FunInAviation
08-02-2011, 08:39 AM
I just noticed that the "post" and "preview" buttons don't work with trying to post and entry on the EAA forum. I tried to do a test post on VansAirForce.com, which uses the same vBulletin software and was able to post an entry from my iPad.

There is a fix for this issue on the vBulletin website. You'll need to create an account on the vBulletin forum to see the article and the fix:

http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12092

spongebobiwan
08-02-2011, 09:03 AM
Maybe I'm misunderstanding what you are saying here, but I just posted (submitted) and previewed first, a post on my iPad and had no problem doing so. I didn't merely reply here to your post, but made a brand new post in this Support and Feedback section. I did nothing special, aka: no fix or anything as you mentioned. I've posted before both from my iPad and iPhone without any difficulty and the "post" (submit you mean?) and "preview" buttons work fine.

Perhaps I'm not understanding.

Paul Hayden
08-02-2011, 10:46 AM
it works for me in Safari, but not the other browser I use

spongebobiwan
08-02-2011, 10:55 AM
Oh. Good point, Paul. I never even considered any other browser besides Safari in my reply. Perhaps Smitty was using a browser other than Sarari?

Chad Jensen
08-02-2011, 01:58 PM
I'd be curious to know too...I don't have an iPad, but the majority of my posts here are from my iPhone, in which I use Safari. The emoticons don't work, however.

FunInAviation
08-02-2011, 02:11 PM
I'm loving' this new EAA forum already. This post is my test using the quick reply from my iPad.

FunInAviation
08-02-2011, 02:19 PM
OK. The quick reply to an existing post works on the iPad, but posting a new post to the main forum "Support and Feedback" doesn't. It doesn't seem to recognize the pressing of the submit button on my iPad.I read on the vBulletin forums that the iPad has problems with some of the submit buttons, but not all. The patch I mentioned earlier could be the answer.

Chad Jensen
08-02-2011, 02:37 PM
I'm loving' this new EAA forum already. This post is my test using the quick reply from my iPad.It is awesome now!:cool:

Hal Bryan
08-02-2011, 02:59 PM
OK. The quick reply to an existing post works on the iPad, but posting a new post to the main forum "Support and Feedback" doesn't. It doesn't seem to recognize the pressing of the submit button on my iPad.I read on the vBulletin forums that the iPad has problems with some of the submit buttons, but not all. The patch I mentioned earlier could be the answer.

Hey Smitty -

We're looking into this. Can you tell me which version iPad you're using?

Thanks!

Hal

FunInAviation
08-02-2011, 03:27 PM
Hi Hal!I have the original iPad. Version 4.3.4, Model MB293LL.I tried posting on Vansairforce.com and it works OK. You may want to give Doug Reeves a call.

Bob Meder
08-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Ok, I can post from an iPad (version one), but I have to go back and edit my posts to get the CRLF's to stay. Else it looks like one long paragraph.