PDA

View Full Version : Boom boom boom boom boom boom boom boom

tonyscarface
08-01-2011, 08:03 AM
It was a huge relief to pull in on a soggy Thursday evening and find out I would be allowed to park my RV off to the side on the registration apron. It was with astonishment that I started hearing BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM complete with flashing lights coming from a commercial tent about 100 yards away. A rave going on that close to campers until 11 p.m.? Really? When things dried out the next afternoon I moved to a dry spot. Later that night again and until 11 p.m. BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM. Brilliant! Whose idea was that?

As always every aspect of the airshow with the above exception exceeded my expectations. Everyone is to be commended and I thank you.

P.S. Does anyone know why on Friday night there were heavily armed military at the main gate? While I did not see it my friend did and we remain confused as to why they were present but only that night. I did see some heavily armed and armored police milling about behind building A but what he described seemed a bit more menacing and a bit of overkill (his words). Just curious.

Adam Smith
08-01-2011, 08:10 AM
TonyWas the source of the music on EAA premises, or was it outside?There was a security alert on Friday, which caused the heightened presence from some federal agencies. It has happened a couple of times in recent years.

tonyscarface
08-01-2011, 08:43 AM
TonyWas the source of the music on EAA premises, or was it outside?There was a security alert on Friday, which caused the heightened presence from some federal agencies. It has happened a couple of times in recent years.

Yes the music was on the campground and had to have been an organized event. There was a large tent with sides, lights, sound system, etc. From the campground registration it was about 100 yards south I'd guess.

sdilullo
08-01-2011, 11:20 AM
P.S. Does anyone know why on Friday night there were heavily armed military at the main gate? While I did not see it my friend did and we remain confused as to why they were present but only that night. I did see some heavily armed and armored police milling about behind building A but what he described seemed a bit more menacing and a bit of overkill (his words). Just curious.

I noticed that when I was on my way out on Friday, too... was curious what was going on.

Chad Jensen
08-01-2011, 04:10 PM
I'm sure the music you heard was from the SOS Brother's tent. They have live music there, and it can be loud at times. It's fun to hang out there, but I do agree that it goes too late at times...

tonyscarface
08-01-2011, 04:49 PM
I'm sure the music you heard was from the SOS Brother's tent. They have live music there, and it can be loud at times. It's fun to hang out there, but I do agree that it goes too late at times...

Nope. We go to SOS Brothers when we want to hear loud music. This was within the perimeter of the campground not too far from the registration booths.

Chad Jensen
08-01-2011, 04:58 PM
Interesting...

Adam Smith
08-01-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm thinking this might be a youth activities tent... we hire a DJ for 2-3 nights to entertain teenagers. That would explain the boom-boom-boom description and the 11pm curfew.

Chad Jensen
08-01-2011, 05:54 PM
Ah! Makes perfect sense! Yep, the boom boom boom...not the wail of a guitar!

Tom Steber
08-03-2011, 04:08 AM
There was a security alert on Friday, which caused the heightened presence from some federal agencies. It has happened a couple of times in recent years.

Yeah I saw that too on the way out Friday. Wondered what was up. They looked pretty serious though and I decided not to ask them!

Chad Jensen
08-03-2011, 07:34 AM
LOL! Probably a good decision Tom!:D