PDA

View Full Version : Poor taste?

Mattmutz2
03-25-2012, 11:32 AM
Am I the only one who noticed and thinks the "AirVenture 2012 Bucket List" promotion is in horribly poor taste?

(If you are unfamiliar, see it here: http://www.airventure.org/bucketlist/)

A "bucket list" is a list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket - that is, before you die. Every year people die on the way to, home from, and at AirVenture.

Several years ago while I was on staff for EAA, I was on a Gator and picked up an old man to give him a ride to the museum to catch a movie in the Vette and get a drink of water. The old man told me the story of how that would be his last AirVenture, as he was terminally ill. He and his son came to Oshkosh every year for, I don't recall - a very long time, but his son couldn't make it this time because he had just had a child. The old man came up to Oshkosh by himself and for the last time. Clearly, that AirVenture was on his "bucket list".

I just don't think it was a good decision to promote the event using that term.

$0.02, keep the change.

steveinindy
03-25-2012, 03:57 PM
I don't think it's in bad taste at all. I think you need to grow some thicker skin if that really and truly rubs you the wrong way.

MickYoumans
03-25-2012, 04:22 PM
I would have never thought twice about it in a negative way if you hadn't brought it up. It doesn't bother me in the least.

Chris In Marshfield
03-25-2012, 04:22 PM
I think you're reading too much into it. Whether we die today, or die 50 years from now, we've all got stuff we want to do.

Don't overanalyze it ;)

Flyfalcons
03-25-2012, 04:48 PM
No it's not offensive.

Jim Clark
03-25-2012, 08:45 PM
Am I the only one who noticed and thinks the "AirVenture 2012 Bucket List" promotion is in horribly poor taste?I think you might be. Ever since the Morgan Freeman movie "The Bucket List" even my 13 year old grandson uses the term to refer to his wish list.

RV8505
03-25-2012, 09:30 PM
Am I the only one who noticed and thinks the "AirVenture 2012 Bucket List" promotion is in horribly poor taste?

(If you are unfamiliar, see it here: http://www.airventure.org/bucketlist/)

A "bucket list" is a list of things you want to do before you kick the bucket - that is, before you die. Every year people die on the way to, home from, and at AirVenture.

Several years ago while I was on staff for EAA, I was on a Gator and picked up an old man to give him a ride to the museum to catch a movie in the Vette and get a drink of water. The old man told me the story of how that would be his last AirVenture, as he was terminally ill. He and his son came to Oshkosh every year for, I don't recall - a very long time, but his son couldn't make it this time because he had just had a child. The old man came up to Oshkosh by himself and for the last time. Clearly, that AirVenture was on his "bucket list".

I just don't think it was a good decision to promote the event using that term.

$0.02, keep the change.

Personally, I think as a former employee you have a ax to grind with the EAA. In review of your other posts http://eaaforums.org/showthread.php?602-EAA-needs-your-vote! It seems you are trying to raise discontent among the members with your negative posts. Secondly, What's up with the other Mattmutz? I would bet dollars to dounuts it is the same IP address.