PDA

View Full Version : Recreating Aerol shock struts

Pete Groves
03-25-2012, 12:44 AM
I need to have some shock struts recreated.
They are for the Ryan STA.
I have complete drawings of the strut and all measurements. There is some welding, machining, heat treat and spring manufacture required,

Could anyone suggest a good fabricator or shop who might take on these assemblies at a reasonable rate?
Cheers
Pete

WLIU
03-25-2012, 03:40 PM
Uh, your profile and your post don't give us a clue as to where you are. Is this aircraft certificated or experimental exhibition?

Best of luck,

Wes
N78PS

Pete Groves
03-26-2012, 12:17 AM
yes, that may help...

I am located in Dubai, in the Middle East, but the STA project, (and me) are soon to move to Ontario Canada. I am working towards an experimental Ryan STA replica, with a Gipsy Major engine. I have quite a few parts, but I will need these struts soon as we are building new gear legs.
Thanks.

CraigCantwell
03-26-2012, 07:27 AM
Pete: I know someone that might be interested. Let me drop him an email and see.

Tim Ryan
04-06-2012, 12:53 PM
Pete,
If you would like, feel free to contact me. I can take a look at the drawings and see if it is something I would be able to help you with. I've been machining and fabricating components for the Staggerwings as well as a Lockheed Electra restoration. If you would like I can send you pictures of the landing gear components I have built and repaired for the Staggerwings. I've also been making dual control yokes with new cast control wheels for Staggerwings.

Regards,

Tim

David Staffeldt
05-03-2012, 07:33 PM
Hi Pete,
Did you find a shop to build your parts? If not, I might be able to help. My shop specializes in making these kind of parts. If I can help, here's my contact information: Vintage Airworks, 262-914-9589, e-mail david@vintageairworks.com
Thank you,
David