PDA

View Full Version : Annual Inspection

dillardrg
02-10-2012, 05:11 PM
We just completed the Annual Inspection on our 74 7ECA today.

Total cost was $850.00. Our cheapest annual to date.

My partner and I did the following:

R&R Cowling
R&R all inspection panels
Oil and Filter change
Clean wheels and brakes and pack Wheel Bearings
R&R Clear Brake lines in the cabin(R&R front seat to make this easier)
Borescope inspection of engine
Clean & Lube the left aileron rear rod end bearing(it was getting a little stiff)

Included in the parts cost was:

Clear brake lines from ACA
7 Qts Phps XC 20W50(1.75 for the filter and lines and 5.25 for the engine) + filter + 1 pint Camguard
CO2 detector
Oil Analysis
Plus some misc hardware

The mechanic that we used this year is employed at Boeing and does Aircraft Maintenance and rebuilds Aircraft Engines on the side. Very knowledgeable guy and willing to let us do a lot under his supervision. He did the work in our hangar after getting off work.

It helps that my partner and I are both retired and have the time to do this.

Mike M
02-10-2012, 07:16 PM
We just completed the Annual Inspection on our 74 7ECA today.

Total cost was $850.00. Our cheapest annual to date.

how many hours flown since the last annual?

dillardrg
02-10-2012, 08:18 PM
Around 50, this has been a light year. We did 100 last year.

uavmx
02-10-2012, 11:08 PM
did you do compression checks, timing checks, AD compliances?

escapepilot
02-11-2012, 06:26 AM
I've got two aircraft that have to get 100 hr inspections in addition to an annual (soon to be three). Keeping costs down is the only way I can stay in business so I'm happy with how my IA works with me. I open everything up, he inspects and makes a discrepancy list and give me a copy. The small things I think I can handle, I do and he checks. The larger things, he does. If I don't have the time, he does the whole thing. Keeps costs lower and allows me to learn more about the aircraft I fly. It also allows me to notice any discrepancies between inspections.

dillardrg
02-11-2012, 08:53 AM
"I've got two aircraft that have to get 100 hr inspections in addition to an annual (soon to be three). Keeping costs down is the only way I can stay in business so I'm happy with how my IA works with me. I open everything up, he inspects and makes a discrepancy list and give me a copy. The small things I think I can handle, I do and he checks. The larger things, he does. If I don't have the time, he does the whole thing. Keeps costs lower and allows me to learn more about the aircraft I fly. It also allows me to notice any discrepancies between inspections. "

Shannon,

That is pretty much how we do it also, except only one aircraft.