PDA

View Full Version : Webinars

Raylonr
02-03-2012, 12:47 PM
Love your webinars! Have 2 questions:
1. Will they work on Ipad2? If so how to do? They wont work on my new Ipad2.
2. On my pc and Laptop the videos revert to "replay" after about 40 min of play even if I let them download the whole video first.
Any idea how to fix this?

Raylonr

Hal Bryan
02-03-2012, 01:51 PM
Hi Raylonr-

To attend one of the webinars using an iPad, as I understand it you just need their free app:

http://support.citrixonline.com/en_US/GoToWebinar/help_files/GTW100001?Title=iPad%2C+iPhone+and+iTouch+FAQs

As far as playback problems on the recorded versions, we've seen a few cases where that's happened for certain people's computers - the only workaround we've found is to make the webinar recording available on YouTube. Please email webinars@eaa.org and let us know which ones you're having trouble with.

Thanks -

Hal

geraldvg
03-07-2012, 10:57 PM
Hal,
Our chapter frequently meets in a location that has only metered (expensive) internet access. Is there a way that we can download webinars and/or other EAA media ahead of meeting time and from a location with better web access for showing at meetings not using the internet?

Hal Bryan
03-08-2012, 08:15 AM
Hi Gerald -

Unfortunately, we don't have any mechanism to make the videos available for direct download as opposed to streaming them online. There are a number of tools out there that will let you very easily capture streaming videos from sites like YouTube and Brightcove (the platform behind EAAVideo.org) but, as they are somewhat quasi-legal, it's not appropriate for me to post any direct links or other details...

We've seen similar questions before - I don't know how feasible it would be for us to, say, produce a compilation DVD of the webinars, but I know it's something we'll think and talk about.

Regards -

Hal

CraigCantwell
03-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Hal: What about the possibility of having a dedicated old computer that was set up to be logged in on the webinars and capture them on a hard drive. You could then place the file in a location that could be downloaded by those interested.