PDA

View Full Version : EAA.org website down?

terry.mortimore
01-28-2012, 04:01 PM
Hi gang, anybody else having trouble accessing the EAA.org website? I have not been able to bring it up for a few days now. I had this trouble before christmas, but it eventually started to work again. I've tried different browsers, still no joy.

Terry.

Mike Switzer
01-28-2012, 04:13 PM
It works for me, but I have reason to believe there is a dns router issue in the Chicago area, I have intermittently had problems opening some specific websites thru my Comcast cable connection but my phone & dialup have been able to open them. Several times tracert hit a brick wall on either a Comcast or an AT&T address in Chicago.

Bill
01-28-2012, 09:12 PM
I haven't noticed any particular problem with the EAA.org website. Its been coming right up for me and just did now.

terry.mortimore
01-29-2012, 07:33 AM
Thanks guys, not sure what is going on. It's the only website I'm having trouble loading, all my other regular ones load fine.

Cheers, Terry.

PaulDow
01-29-2012, 07:52 AM
You could open up an ol' fashioned command prompt window and type:
tracert www.eaa.org

That may tell you where it's getting stuck. It shows the path your computer uses to get there, step by step.
While you're there, put in this command too:
ipconfig /flushdns

That will tell your computer to forget the paths it has been using to get places, and learn them over again. Maybe some route changed somewhere.