PDA

View Full Version : Auburn Airport Day

rwanttaja
07-09-2023, 01:33 PM
Auburn Airport (S50, in Washington state about 20 miles south of Seattle) had an open house this Saturday, inviting families to come to the airport for fun activities and Young Eagles flights. Mark Owen of Chapter 441 did an excellent job of managing it, with 18 pilots and 21 people on the ground ensuring things went smoothly. They flew 228 kids yesterday! Participants came from EAA Chapters 441 (Kent, WA), 26 (Seattle), 326 (Puyallup), 406 (Bremerton), some EAA members at large, and a big contingent from the City of Auburn.

The city had asked me to set up my Fly Baby as a photo backdrop, where kids and families could get their pictures taken wearing helmet and goggles or silk scarves. I set up a GoPro on the tail in Time Lapse mode, and shot a ~2 minute video showing the people cycling through. It might be better in full-screen mode.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HxoXFGaovbQ&ab_channel=RonWanttaja

Ron Wanttaja

Eric Page
07-09-2023, 05:24 PM
Very cool, Ron. Well done. One family with two little girls spent quite a lot of time at your airplane and the booth. Your Fly Baby might have hooked a couple of future pilots!