PDA

View Full Version : AirVenture Notice error

dougbush
08-02-2022, 12:46 AM
How would one report an error in the AirVenture Notice?

CHICAGORANDY
08-02-2022, 05:43 AM
Of which sort of notice do you speak? Website, text message, printed leaflet? There is a 'Contact Us' on the EAA website too.

Inspector Fenwick
08-04-2022, 03:47 PM
Of which sort of notice do you speak? Website, text message, printed leaflet? There is a 'Contact Us' on the EAA website too.

I am assuming he means what was once called the Airventure "NOTAM". (Since that infers gender as "male" as in airMEN, it is now VERBOTEN to use such heinous language. ) We must use the new terminology "Notice". Having said that, I am curious about the error in the NOTAM (oops).

FlyingRon
08-04-2022, 05:49 PM
The NOTAM acronym is now officially NOTICE TO AIR MISSIONS. It's politically correct to call it NOTAM still.

I didn't detect any errors in the 2022 NOTAM, they fixed the glaring ones in the 2021 NOTAM where the map, textual description, and the lat/long put the start point of the Endeavor transition all in different places. Some wildly different.

dougbush
08-10-2022, 12:04 AM
Not surprised you didn't detect it. The Notice had different frequencies for Green Bay Radio in the vicinity of Fond du Lac on pages 23 and 31. Anyone know where to report the error?

FlyingRon
08-10-2022, 06:29 AM
https://www.faa.gov/air_traffic/flight_info/aeronav/chart_discrepancies/

I've found them very responsive and appreciative of reports.