PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Passes?

Auburntsts
08-04-2021, 04:06 PM
Anyone know who I can talk to about vehicle passes? A number of us flying in but staying off airport have yet to find a good way to get bags and cargo from our planes to our lodging and back again for departure. Having a vehicle pass, even one of limited duration, would be a godsend but I don’t know if such a thing is possible or how to go about requesting one.

ssteve1
08-04-2021, 04:22 PM
When you find that out, let the other "10,000 fly-in airplanes" know.

FlyingRon
08-04-2021, 07:02 PM
There's Tony's Taxi.

Auburntsts
08-04-2021, 08:23 PM
There's Tony's Taxi.

Is this taxi allowed on the airfield and onto the parking areas? If so do you have their contact info? The idea is to be able to Sherpa an RV-10’s worth of cargo in one go without transloading at a gate.

Kyle Boatright
08-04-2021, 08:44 PM
Before and after the show, the Kobussen folks can get their vehicles inside the gate, so that may be an option if you arrive early and leave late. Beyond that, there is the Homebuilt Welcome wagon, which will take you a little ways off campus (not sure how far).

Auburntsts
08-04-2021, 08:48 PM
If the welcome wagon will go to sleepy hollow then that’s an option. My biggest concern would be getting them to come back out when we’re ready to depart.

Kyle Boatright
08-04-2021, 09:37 PM
If the welcome wagon will go to sleepy hollow then that’s an option. My biggest concern would be getting them to come back out when we’re ready to depart.

They took us to the event where I saw you on Monday night. I don't think Sleepy Hollow would have been a problem.

FlyingRon
08-05-2021, 04:30 PM
Is this taxi allowed on the airfield and onto the parking areas? If so do you have their contact info? The idea is to be able to Sherpa an RV-10’s worth of cargo in one go without transloading at a gate.

It goes right to the plane and can go off-field into town. It's a volunteer run operation. They can be reached by phone or you can inquire at places like Vintage Flight Line operations who has a radio link to them.

Auburntsts
08-05-2021, 06:52 PM
It goes right to the plane and can go off-field into town. It's a volunteer run operation. They can be reached by phone or you can inquire at places like Vintage Flight Line operations who has a radio link to them.

if you have the number, can you pm it to me? No one has ever mentioned these guys on the home built side so I’m leery of counting on them without having their contact info prior to arrival.

Bill Berson
08-05-2021, 07:52 PM
Uber/Lyft pickup points are shown on the Airventure map.

Auburntsts
08-06-2021, 04:55 AM
Uber/Lyft pickup points are shown on the Airventure map.

Sigh. I know that. Unfortunately I still have to get all of our crap from the plane to that point. The whole objective of this exercise is to try and do it without loading and unloading multiple times in the process. If that's what we have to do, then so be it, but I figured it's worth exploring all the options.

FlyingRon
08-06-2021, 06:22 AM
The number is the two primary driver's cell phone. I'm a little reticent to give it out at this point. Remind me just before next year's show.

Auburntsts
08-06-2021, 06:38 AM
Understand completely and will do -- Thanks !

Bill Berson
08-06-2021, 11:27 AM
Sigh. I know that. Unfortunately I still have to get all of our crap from the plane to that point. The whole objective of this exercise is to try and do it without loading and unloading multiple times in the process. If that's what we have to do, then so be it, but I figured it's worth exploring all the options.

I was thinking you could taxi the plane to that point on the field. But I don't know if they allow airplanes to taxi around or not?

Auburntsts
08-06-2021, 12:47 PM
I was thinking you could taxi the plane to that point on the field. But I don't know if they allow airplanes to taxi around or not?

Ummm, no that wouldn’t be practical. I take it you haven’t flown into Osh before. Even if I could taxi wherever I wanted (which you can’t), the Uber/Lyft pickup points are off the airport outside the perimeter fence. The scale of the online maps kinda hides the impracticality of your suggestion, but I do appreciate your thinking.

lkorona
08-06-2021, 06:35 PM
I know it's long after the show is over, I just wanted to say that I used Kobussen to get us back to our plane in the GAP in the N40. Pulled right up to our plane, just $25 from the dorms. Very pleased with their service, will continue to use them in the future.