PDA

View Full Version : Mobility Scooter recomendations?

CHICAGORANDY
07-12-2021, 09:24 AM
Anyone own/use a mobility scooter that works well on and off paved surfaces? I know most all brands can handle indoors, sidewalks and asphalt (like the ones Vista rents), but how about over all the grass areas of parked airplanes at AirVenture?

robert l
07-12-2021, 12:26 PM
Anyone own/use a mobility scooter that works well on and off paved surfaces? I know most all brands can handle indoors, sidewalks and asphalt (like the ones Vista rents), but how about over all the grass areas of parked airplanes at AirVenture?

Randy, I didn't think scooters and such were allowed in aircraft parking. I could be wrong though, I was once before, many years ago.
Bob

Airmutt
07-12-2021, 01:31 PM
Mobility scooters are available for rental on site but there is a caveat about difficulty navigating certain areas such as grass and gravel; even worse if it rains. Personal mobility scooters are permitted. Can’t make a recommendation but a quick Google search showed lots of options depending on your budget.

CHICAGORANDY
07-21-2021, 10:13 AM
A short follow-up - I decided to pull the trigger and I've rented locally a Go Go Sport mobility scooter that I will be using for the duration of Air Venture and then at a local Rennaisance Faire the following week. I'll report back on how well it worked. IMHO it's a lot easier for me to bring my own than have to schlepp back and forth every day to the area of the Bus Park to get to the on-site Vista Mobility rental tent.

My rental unit breaks down into 4 main components none of which weighs more than about 45# so it's easy to put in the back of my small SUV. And the battery pack comes off so I can charge it each night in my motel room.

Here's hoping it won't disappoint.