Page 20 of 39 FirstFirst ... 10181920212230 ... LastLast

Thread: Oshkosh 2021?

Skyfixer8, I can see it now, the airport is cluttered with windmills, planes dodging the big blades while trying to get in the pattern. Charging stations, how many can they accommodate at one time, what's the waiting time to charge a big twin, and will my little 150 be pushed to the back of the line? Personally, I like to hear that engine up front, or behind, I like the sound of my truck muffler and when I had my motorcycle, I liked the sound it made. The only silence I want to hear is when I've got the runway made and I throttle back to idle, sweet, other than that, I like the rumble of housepower, whether it's 4 wheels, two wheels, two wheels and one little wheel or 3 wheels. At 74, I don't think I'll have to worry about that, but I feel for the generations that follow. In my heyday, muscle cars were the thing, ah, the good ole days, loud mufflers, straight pipes, floor shifts, Big Daddy Roth, we had it all.
    Bob, I will not be quiet !

CR, I suspect that tram occupancy will be reduced to 50 or even 25-30 percent with frequent wipe downs. But for ever action there is a reaction which would be even more people queueing up for a ride. So where do you find the space to social distance all those folks?
    EAA has a lot of detail as to work thru between now and July. There are a lot of tough decisions to be made, some are bound to be unpopular.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Maybe they could relax some of the bicycle restrictions, except anywhere near aircraft. I used to fly my Dahon bicycle and ride from the North 40 to the gate near Warbirds. It saved a lot of walking and I never rode the bus. I know that letting bicycle in could present risks, but they could be kept away from aircraft. Of course, not everyone would have a bicycle, but for every bicycle there was it would mean one less in a bus. Then again, this might not be a good idea. Forgetaboutit.......

I hope I will be able to afford the gas for the 200+ mile trip with my GMC Sierra pulling my glamper to Oshkosh

I live in Alabama but Fl is just down the road a few miles . We were in Panama City yesterday and everything was back to normal but everybody was wearing a mask including the wife and I . We went to several craft stores , ate at a Bar B Q and every table was full . The schools in our part of Alabama are all open with a case here and there but no worse than the flu season . And it seems like nobody has the flu !

So far, Covid is operating on about a five-month cycle:
    Name:  covid early feb.JPG
Views: 1422
Size:  38.1 KB
    (from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/us/)

It remains to be seen how this is affected by rising vaccination rates, more-stringent Federal policies, and the rise of more-contagious strains.

*If* the five-month cycle is kept, we should be seeing another peak in the May timeframe...right when EAA needs to be making its final decisions.

You'll note from the above that each subsequent outbreak has been significantly worse than the previous one. This is a trend we definitely want to break. Likely, vaccinations are going to pay off, here.

Ron Wanttaja

How early do you have to get to Camp Scholler to realistically get a generator spot?

Reservations for Camp Scholler start on July 2nd. Never done an improved site but I would guess they go fast.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by provoshane View Post
    How early do you have to get to Camp Scholler to realistically get a generator spot?
    There are areas that you can use a generator 24/7 I think. A lot of the BIG motor homes park out there if they aren't in a water and electric site.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by skyfixer8 View Post
    I hope I will be able to afford the gas for the 200+ mile trip with my GMC Sierra pulling my glamper to Oshkosh
    200 miles? Ha! How abpout 1405 miles F-150 pulling a Harley Davidson Road King Classic on a trailer. Pray for favorable winds.
    Last edited by Lindberg; 02-08-2021 at 10:31 AM.