Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Took my first lesson

Took my first lesson

Hey everyone, just wanted to say I took my first hour of flight lessons today! (Piper PA-28 out of KDHN) It went pretty good! I'm excited to keep doing it.

You lucky guy, I really envy you, everything is new and exciting at this stage in flying. Learning new things every time you go flying, thinking about checking out in bigger planes, it's a lot of fun.
    Keep the enthusiasm going, there will be highs and lows in training, it's all part of learning, persevere with the goal in mind.
    Keep us posted along the way,
    Jim

You're right. It is exciting going up. I learned quite a bit just today! The PA-28 is a little different than what I'm used to going up in in the Young Eagles (C182 and Bellanca 8kcab) but I like it. I can't wait until my next lesson!

Great, keep it up.

I got to go up in a Cirrus SR22 today

Welcome to your new addiction!

Like all good addictions, there are multiple support groups with acronyms in their names like EAA and AOPA with regular meetings to help you with it.

Keep at it. There's going to be something that will really stymie you at some point - it's different for everyone - and the key is to not get too frustrated and work through it. If you and your instructor are clicking, talk to him or her about it and either come up with a different approach or take a break from it and work on something else for a lesson or two.

Don't pay attention to the hours - train to task, not time. At the same time, once a task is completed satisfactorily, move on to the next. I would have been more than happy to spend several hours doing nothing but slow flight and stalls if allowed to; what fun!
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Way to go! You'll never regret it.
    Brent Owens
    RV-8 'Contrary Mary' - Flying
    www.fixedwingbuddha.com

Quote Originally Posted by iFLYblog View Post
    Way to go! You'll never regret it.
    You're right! Btw I'm subscribed to your blog. Great blog!

Quote Originally Posted by Frank Giger View Post
    Welcome to your new addiction!

Like all good addictions, there are multiple support groups with acronyms in their names like EAA and AOPA with regular meetings to help you with it.

Keep at it. There's going to be something that will really stymie you at some point - it's different for everyone - and the key is to not get too frustrated and work through it. If you and your instructor are clicking, talk to him or her about it and either come up with a different approach or take a break from it and work on something else for a lesson or two.

Don't pay attention to the hours - train to task, not time. At the same time, once a task is completed satisfactorily, move on to the next. I would have been more than happy to spend several hours doing nothing but slow flight and stalls if allowed to; what fun!
    So far I like my instructor. I haven't done any stalls yet but I can't wait to try. Just being able to fly is very exciting!

Congratulations Dustin. It seems like the bug bit and you will stay motivated. Will we be seeing you at Airventure this year??

Rick