Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What happened Jeremy Monett

Wow.
    This got interesting quick.
    What an attitude.
    There is nothing on either my certified Grumman or my Zenair that is not airworthy anytime I go flying.
    To suggest otherwise is dangerous and irresponsible.
    Any intersection takeoff is just that, irresponsible.
    Two things most useless to a pilot,,,,,,,,fuel not in the tank and runway behind you.
    That's what i always say sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by raytoews View Post
    Wow.This got interesting quick.What an attitude. There is nothing on either my certified Grumman or my Zenair that is not airworthy anytime I go flying.To suggest otherwise is dangerous and irresponsible. Any intersection takeoff is just that, irresponsible. Two things most useless to a pilot,,,,,,,,fuel not in the tank and runway behind you. That's what i always say sometimes.
    HomeBuilt or Experimental hold no type certificate. They are not and never will be in a condition for safe flight. They will be in a condition for safe operation but that is it. If you do not believe this look at your operating limitations. This will be spelled out there. Now have a nice day. Tony

Quote Originally Posted by raytoews View Post
    Wow.This got interesting quick.What an attitude. There is nothing on either my certified Grumman or my Zenair that is not airworthy anytime I go flying.To suggest otherwise is dangerous and irresponsible. Any intersection takeoff is just that, irresponsible. Two things most useless to a pilot,,,,,,,,fuel not in the tank and runway behind you. That's what i always say sometimes.
    What is irresponsible is posting you fly a two seat and did not know this. For there should be a placard in your airplane warning the passengers that this airplane meets no type certificate or is not a certified airplane. You should see this every time you fly. Unless you fly single seat. Now have a nice day. Tony

I also believe that anyone flying a passenger and that passenger has no knowledge of experimental or EAB airplanes. That not only should one do a preflight with this passenger explaining all the ins and outs of the airplane. That it is this pilots responsibility to explain to this passenger that the airplane they plan on getting into hold no type certificate and what this means. I would then let them make up their own mind if they want to fly in such an airplane. Not everyone will. I wonder how many do this? In the case this thread is about, everyone knew what they stepped into before they ever stepped into it. Tony

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    HomeBuilt or Experimental hold no type certificate.
    Plenty of examples where an "experimental" holds a "type certificate" It's only an absolute for amateur-built, so the above statement should read:

"HomeBuilt or Experimental, Amateur-Built hold no type certificate"

That it is this pilots responsibility to explain to this passenger that the airplane they plan on getting into
    91.319 only requires that the person operating the aircraft [not necessarily the pilot]
    "(1) Advise each person carried of the experimental nature of the aircraft" which can be done in one short sentence - essentially parroting what's on the passenger warning placard.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Plenty of examples where an "experimental" holds a "type certificate" It's only an absolute for amateur-built, so the above statement should read: "HomeBuilt or Experimental, Amateur-Built hold no type certificate"
    Thank you for clarifying this. To be sure, check your operating limitations.... Tony

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    91.319 only requires that the person operating the aircraft [not necessarily the pilot] "(1) Advise each person carried of the experimental nature of the aircraft" which can be done in one short sentence - essentially parroting what's on the passenger warning placard.
    One should point this placard out and explain it...IMHO.. But to each their own. Tony

One should point this placard out and explain it...IMHO.. But to each their own. Tony
    Certainly nothing wrong with doing more than the regs require but at the same time, the minimum required by the regs is satisfactory.

Those who fly Experimental and only experimental understand this. Nothing on my airplane is airworthy. A GA style or certified airplane is full of airworthy parts. But to each his own.

Tony
    Semantics.