Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can any members help me out??

Do like all of us did, work for it one way or another. I worked as a line boy, cleaning offices at night and drove a Volkswagen Beetle with no brakes or a floorboard to rest my feet on because I wanted it. Others joined the service. I took a second job because I want to join the ranks of HOMEBUILDERS. I am sorry folks, I have no patience for people who ask for handouts just because, to the needy and truly deserving I would crawl on broken glass to help. I really don't know why this post offends me so much, perhaps it is the fact that there is no background whatsoever.......
    Rick
    EDIT: I would like to quit my jobs, but I would still like everyone to pay for my Zenith, you guys ok with that? I am going to get my gofundme setup before I go to bed. Is there a gofundme for labor? I figure I might well get others to do that part as well.
    My sincerest apologies to all of you, but the audacity is really chapping my rear end
    Last edited by wyoranch; 05-13-2016 at 11:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Byron J. Covey View Post
    Many of us prefer the traditional way: Get an education (free to you through grade 12, compliments of land owners and working people - you are welcome), learn a skill, dedicate yourself to doing the very best job that you can, work hard, take care of you family, set aside an appropriate amount for your kid's education and your retirement, then use what might be left to pay your own way. That system worked for many years, until the arrival of professional politicians who have sold their souls in order to stay in power by getting non-producers to vote for them.

BJC
    BJC,
    You nailed it!!!
    Thank you
    Rick

I'm just a tad old for the military at 61!

I am a former California contractor..40 years worth! I also produce records, play bass in a local band, write songs, and have accomplished many other things besides. I like to say I am an ongoing student of the university of hard knocks. What else I can do? Lots I guess, but please don't put me down for lack of a "higher" education!

You sound like a fellow with a generous heart.

Well...I am retired now. I have a serious back injury. ( but I can still fly)....there's not a lot I can do to generate income, but rest assured, I am doing all I can. The last money I made was for producing a record for a local band, and at $10.00 per hr it didn't go far. I AM trying my best. I'm looking or a "hand up" not a hand out. Thanks for your comments.

Sad Life is short

Yeah, maybe I am looking for a shortcut to getting airborne, but I don't have that many years left. Frankly, I am feeling tired of this whole endeavor, and am considering giving up...Is that what many of you would like to see me do? It sure sounds like it. Are there NO positive things you can say? How about some encouragement? That would be a refreshing change.

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Newton View Post
    Yeah, maybe I am looking for a shortcut to getting airborne, but I don't have that many years left. Frankly, I am feeling tired of this whole endeavor, and am considering giving up...Is that what many of you would like to see me do? It sure sounds like it. Are there NO positive things you can say? How about some encouragement? That would be a refreshing change.
    With all due respect, a gofundme request is the ultimate "starting off on the wrong foot move", an instaban in some groups I admin. It's nothing personal. The other thing, the politics thing here isn't favoring you. I would suggest you look into ultralight flying and other low cost approaches and ignore any naysaying thrown at you as you go about it. Views of many a pilot are fixed and you would not benefit from them. Brush off the comments made here and go your own way. Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by VFR-on-top View Post
    With all due respect, a gofundme request is the ultimate "starting off on the wrong foot move", an instaban in some groups I admin. It's nothing personal. The other thing, the politics thing here isn't favoring you. I would suggest you look into ultralight flying and other low cost approaches and ignore any naysaying thrown at you as you go about it. Views of many a pilot are fixed and you would not benefit from them. Brush off the comments made here and go your own way. Good luck.
    Thank you for the good words. I am such a newbie at this I need all the good help and advice I can get!

I agree that the go fund me was the worst first post you could ever use. Now that we have some information, I am sure people here will come up with some ideas.