Thread: Missing YE Flight Credits from YoungEaglesDay.org

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

My three individual flights in September using the yeday.org site are in the same state- Not found when searching the Young Eagle logbook by young eagle name, not credited to me when searching the YE logbook by pilot name. We have another pilot in our chapter with the same results for his single individual flight in September.

Quote Originally Posted by jowens View Post
    My three individual flights in September using the yeday.org site are in the same state- Not found when searching the Young Eagle logbook by young eagle name, not credited to me when searching the YE logbook by pilot name. We have another pilot in our chapter with the same results for his single individual flight in September.
    Jim - thanks for adding to this thread. I would encourage Chapter coordinators to reach out to their YE Pilot members who use the system for individual flights to check their records. Instinct suggests we are not the only folks in this boat and candidly, the lack of follow-thru from EAA is annoying. Had I not received an email from one of the parents back in June I probably would have not have paid much attention to the numbers.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Hello everyone, thanks for bringing this to our attention. I've sent this along to Young Eagles manager Brian O'Lena and will report back. Thank you.

Any status update on this? My individual flights through the yeday website are not found in the logbook.

EAA Staff / Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by jowens View Post
    Any status update on this? My individual flights through the yeday website are not found in the logbook.
    Hello, I would suggest emailing Brian O'Lena at bolena@eaa.org. He is aware of the situation and should be able to let you know any updates.

I will reach out again to Brian but it looks like we still have a problem with the YE Day website when logging individual YE Flights. Although the flights I documented in my first post from last summer were eventually recorded, I flew a YE on 12/28 (registered and properly processed through the site). Since then there have been two updates to the logbook (12/30, 1/6) and they are missing.

Thanks for this thread. it is very informative.