Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Equifax data breech

Equifax data breech

They have acknowledged a data breech exposing over 140 MILLION people to potential identity theft.
    here is a safe link to input your info.

https://www.equifaxsecurity2017.com/potential-impact/

I checked mine and thankfully was found to be OK.

That site is trying to sell something, to get you to enroll in their service, so I doubt if its on the level.

It seems like junk mail to me and asks for lots of personal information that I would never put online. If you info is not stolen yet, probably would be risking that.

Check out this Slashdot article that says the Equifax hack-checking site is returning random results.

Larry N.

Come on guys, how is this an appropriate topic for this forum?
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Hmmm... What DO people talk about when sitting around the hangar? Perhaps a wide variety of subjects?

Larry N.

"how is this an appropriate topic for this forum?"

Hi Jeff, I took the Hangar Talk Sub-Forum's description mentioning "What's in the news" to mean that current news items like say weather conditions in Houston during Harvey, N Korea missile tests, John McCain's health and yes even the recent Equifax fiasco were all fair game.

If I misunderstand the Hangar Talk concept I am not too proud to learn what IS appropriate to discuss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Point View Post
    Come on guys, how is this an appropriate topic for this forum?
    How many could buy an Airplane or aviation parts if they loss their credit rating or Identity? But Like Randy states, if you look at Hangar talk and what is allowed, why is this not a good topic or any topic not a good topic for this forum? Under hangar talk I could speak about anything, its called hangar talk. These conversations do not have to be aviation related.

But I ask, why do you believe you need to police this forum?
    Tony

Forum: Hangar Talk

General commentary about aviation, what's in the news, experiences, etc. (emphasis mine.)

But I ask, why do you believe you need to police this forum?
    Tony
    I don't usually, but for some reason this post just struck me. This business of ours (aviation) is, for all its burdensome regulations, still largely self-policed by everyone involved. For the same reason that I would speak to a pilot that I witnessed doing something unsafe or just foolish- because we owe it to each other to keep ourselves on the straight and narrow every now and again.

This is supposed to be an aviation-related forum. I will leave the nuances of precisely what is and is not allowed to the real moderators. If this topic is deemed within the scope of EAA Forums, so be it.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Most of the MANY forums in which I participate on a wide variety of interests have a 'Catch-All', 'Back Room' or 'Lounge' sub-forum where members can chat about most any topic on the planet, even religion and politics, as long as they maintain the code of conduct established by the forum owners. I honestly and innocently thought that was what Hangar Talk implied.

Potayto-Potahto.

I take NO offense if indeed only aviation related subject matter is allowed onto this EAA board and the Moderators opt to delete my recent posting. I do belong to one other forum where they specifically deny and delete any and all posts not 100% subject related. IMHO they are a bunch of self-important snobs at that other place so I generally don't post much there though I still lurk since the subject matter is of personal interest.