Thread: 1988 QuickSilver MX2 Ultralight Aircraft

1988 QuickSilver MX2 Ultralight Aircraft

So I found the above on a six hour drive from me, priced under $3000 not counting the gas to pick up!!

Kiona 36Hp 2 cylinder, 2 cycle, belt reduction drive, new wood prop, new main leading edge spars, new cables, new sails. It does not appear to have a stick but maybe I am missing something? To be frank it looks like lawn chair tubing covered with uncoated fabric. I found videos of them flying, not the exact same as this one so they must work? Or do they ? Suggestions?

Quicksilver MX2 is a two seater. Good airplane, but not legal to fly under today's rules unless it was registered and got an N-number during the transition period. Engine is "Cuyuna", not "Kiona".

The Tri-State Kites website is a good source of information on the early Quicks.

Quote Originally Posted by Dana View Post
    Quicksilver MX2 is a two seater. Good airplane, but not legal to fly under today's rules unless it was registered and got an N-number during the transition period. Engine is "Cuyuna", not "Kiona".

The Tri-State Kites website is a good source of information on the early Quicks.
    Dana here is the ad, maybe the guy does not know what it is? https://sd.craigslist.org/avo/d/1988...589290726.html

That Link you posted cleared the air, so to speak so its not a MX2 but it would still be an interesting ride for someone...

Thanks again for posting.
    Last edited by wmgeorge; 05-16-2018 at 06:12 AM.

Right, not an MX2 as it has only one seat. Looks like an early MX, 2 axis (no ailerons) so suitable for calm days where you can land directly into the wind, but fun to fly in the right conditions.