Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: Why do people call Condition Inspections " Annuals"

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyes2141 View Post
    Well this eaa group I thought was to promote avaition grass roots, experimental aircraft, not certified aircraft. Well, when someone has a EAB aircraft and needs Help in keeping it flying, and go to the local club, and no results, then tries and tries the boys in Oshkosh like that's something special, just to have. Them blow u off, what is this club-org. Just money grubbing bunch of blow hards. But they will remind u to pay ur dues .....for what.have a nice day.
    One other asked and I will too. So what is it you think the guys in Wisconsin should be doing to get an inspection done on your plane? Perhaps you would rather go back to the some 35 years ago when the condition inspections had to be done by your local GADO office? There were no "Repairman Certificates", and an A&P or A&P/IA also wasn't qualified to inspect an E-AB plane. Only an FAA Airworthiness Inspector. If it wasn't for the EAA, you would be in the position of begging your local FSDO to send out an inspector to do your inspection, and they would get to you.... eventually... with the typical speed and care shown by the FAA. The quality of the inspection was poor at best, but your paperwork had better be perfect.

That is what the EAA has done for you as an E-AB owner. Currently, they are working to keep your flight privileges without unnecessary cost, paperwork and unnecessary medical testing. The EAA does not have a staff of mechanics to send out to perform your inspections. As an owner, you have to do a few things for yourself.

-Cub Builder
    Last edited by cub builder; 07-29-2015 at 11:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cub builder View Post
    One other asked and I will too. So what is it you think the guys in Wisconsin should be doing to get an inspection done on your plane? Perhaps you would rather go back to the some 35 years ago when the condition inspections had to be done by your local GADO office? There were no "Repairman Certificates", and an A&P or A&P/IA also wasn't qualified to inspect an E-AB plane. Only an FAA Airworthiness Inspector. If it wasn't for the EAA, you would be in the position of begging your local FSDO to send out an inspector do your inspection, and they would get to you.... eventually... with the typical speed and care shown by the FAA. The quality of the inspection was poor at best, but your paperwork had better be perfect.

That is what the EAA has done for you as an E-AB owner. Currently, they are working to keep your flight privileges without unnecessary cost, paperwork and unnecessary medical testing. The EAA does not have a staff of mechanics to send out to perform your inspections. As an owner, you have to do a few things for yourself.
    Well...I think Greeneyes is just looking for someone to point them at someone who could perform the condition inspection of their homebuilt. That's a reasonable request, but I can't see EAA national trying to maintain a list for the entire country. Maintenance and keeping it current would be a total beast.

Best one could expect is a reference to a local EAA chapter, with the suggestion that the Chapter would have better local knowledge. But Greeneyes apparently didn't get any response at all. It's too bad, but them'r humans in that big building with all the planes....

Ron Wanttaja

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    How about "periodic inspection"?
    Good idea. Lets do it once per year, and call it an "annual."

Sorry BB, couldn't resist.

BJC

Quote Originally Posted by rwanttaja View Post
    Well...I think Greeneyes is just looking for someone to point them at someone who could perform the condition inspection of their homebuilt. That's a reasonable request, but I can't see EAA national trying to maintain a list for the entire country. Maintenance and keeping it current would be a total beast.

Best one could expect is a reference to a local EAA chapter, with the suggestion that the Chapter would have better local knowledge. But Greeneyes apparently didn't get any response at all. It's too bad, but them'r humans in that big building with all the planes....
    All true and I can see the population sparseness of S. Dakota playing a role here as well. However, with a little investigation it should not be an insurmountable problem. Maybe an internet forum or club for the specific type would point toward some leads.

It comes down to the notion that the EAA, like every large organization, is only as good as the local representation of it. If the local chapter is good, the organization as a whole is good...or at least of merit. When I was in the service I reminded my peers that the Army is us within the unit, and what we made of it. I'll freely admit my first two years did not cast a good reflection on the uniform due to some capricious leadership at the lower levels, but that it ramped up considerably in quality after that.

Even when we dislike the larger organization, the localized conditions can overcome it. It's the classic "I hate Congress, but my Congressman is a good guy" state of affairs.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Its also who you know or don't know. I am sure in all area's there are those who never have a problem getting a Condition Inspection done on thier Homebuilt or other aviation related objectives done. But there are those within a few miles in the same location who can not get these same objectives done. It's all in who you know.

I had a buddy just the other day tell me that a buddy of his was helping him with something aviation related. I need this same something, but his buddy will not help me in the same way he is helping our mutual friend. Its all in who you know or don't know.

Tony

It's that way in everything, though.

I helped my neighbor fit new windows into his house without hesitation and for nothing more than a "thanks." If he had a friend that needed the same help it's probably not going to happen. Now if his friend was also there to help us out in putting in the neighbor's window, I might, as I'd then know him at least a little bit.

Or maybe if he had some of that value placeholder stuff they print on special paper he wanted to hand over. Few things motivate otherwise hesitant people like government script.
    The opinions and statements of this poster are largely based on facts and portray a possible version of the actual events.

Quote Originally Posted by Greeneyes2141 View Post
    Well this eaa group I thought was to promote avaition grass roots, experimental aircraft, not certified aircraft. Well, when someone has a EAB aircraft and needs Help in keeping it flying, and go to the local club, and no results, then tries and tries the boys in Oshkosh like that's something special, just to have. Them blow u off, what is this club-org. Just money grubbing bunch of blow hards. But they will remind u to pay ur dues .....for what.have a nice day.
    Seems that making sure someone in the area will do a Condition Inspection is something that should be on the to do list during the due diligence process. Don't see that EAA is to blame if you cannot find someone. What do you expect EAA to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Stadt View Post
    Seems that making sure someone in the area will do a Condition Inspection is something that should be on the to do list during the due diligence process. Don't see that EAA is to blame if you cannot find someone. What do you expect EAA to do?
    Kinda what this thread is about. Looking to have this Condition Inspection done only to have it called an Annual Inspection and then wanting it treated as an Annual and not a Condition Inspection.

Quote Originally Posted by 1600vw View Post
    Its also who you know or don't know. I am sure in all area's there are those who never have a problem getting a Condition Inspection done on their Homebuilt or other aviation related objectives done. But there are those within a few miles in the same location who can not get these same objectives done. It's all in who you know.

I had a buddy just the other day tell me that a buddy of his was helping him with something aviation related. I need this same something, but his buddy will not help me in the same way he is helping our mutual friend. Its all in who you know or don't know.

Tony
    Consider. It may not be in who you know. Think about what you wrote. Some people don't have the same trouble one person has finding someone to help him. Think about it.