Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 60 Minutess reports Serious Safety Problems for Allegiant Airlines

Why did 60 Minutes include the cotter pin report? It was ARR contractor mistake.

I fly Allegiant airlines on a regular basis and have never had an issue while on any of the flights. I actually flew home home from Florida yesterday on an Allegiant Airbus 320. I'm more worried about the traffic to and from the airport.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mcmurphy View Post
    I fly Allegiant airlines on a regular basis and have never had an issue while on any of the flights. I actually flew home home from Florida yesterday on an Allegiant Airbus 320. I'm more worried about the traffic to and from the airport.
    I agree, the most dangerous part of commercial flying is driving to and from the airport.

In spite of that, you're regular flying on Allegiant means you're a very, very lucky guy. You should buy lottery tickets.

The article pointed out that much of the maintenance problems are with the older MD-80s hard to get good parts for. Allegiant has bougth some Airbus 320s which should be better, at least at first, but they operate both types. By the way, I didnt lose any money with Bernie Madoff, doesnt mean he was on the level. I never had a problem on Southwest, doesn't mean they didnt yesterday. Actually I have never been attacked by cops even on United.