Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Band ?

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    I was there when Reo Speed Wagon performed. Got there early, had a nice spot to sit, good view of the stage with my cooler/camp stool. Then all these people came and stood in front of me, I couldn't see anything but ass. About 10 min. in, I just walked away before I caused a scene !
    Bob

Same here. Went to the Beach Boys concert. Got there early good seat, etc people came, stood in front of us. Tried to leave, people wouldn't even try to let us out. They'd be sitting, resting back on their hands, they'd look us square in the eye, and not move an inch. I finally told my daughters "just go, if you step on something/somebody don't worry about it".
    Never went to another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Flunkn View Post
    If it's a concert that draws you to Oshkosh, then you are in the wrong place.....
    No, you're in the right place but at the wrong venue. Just ~3/4 mile away - S. of Wittman Field and W. of Highway 41 is the Ford Festival Park where they have two(ea) week long concerts: Country USA and Rock USA during June and July. Camping, showers, etc. basically an AirVenture minus airplanes. I think if you want music that would be the event to attend and not an airshow but that could just be me.

Ford's been sponsoring the concerts for many years. They obviously believe they're getting the biggest bang for the buck with marketing benefits accruing.
    Since bottled water (or lack of) seems to make a lot of people anxious, Ford could just fill the bed on a dozen F-150's with ice and bottled water, space them around the grounds and make it free to attendees. I'd remember that when it comes time to buy a car before I'd remember they sponsored Mike Love and his traveling band of misfits that didn't (couldn't) play a single song from start to finish.
    Last edited by martymayes; 02-19-2018 at 08:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Since bottled water (or lack of) seems to make a lot of people anxious, Ford could just fill the bed on a dozen F-150's with ice and bottled water, space them around the grounds and make it free to attendees. I'd remember that when it comes time to buy a car before I'd remember they sponsored Mike Love and his traveling band of misfits that didn't (couldn't) play a single song from start to finish.
    Honda gave out water a few years back and I think they got flack from the other vendors over it. It's probably unlikely you'll see that sort of thing again.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by martymayes View Post
    Since bottled water (or lack of) seems to make a lot of people anxious, Ford could just fill the bed on a dozen F-150's with ice and bottled water, space them around the grounds and make it free to attendees. I'd remember that when it comes time to buy a car.
    James D. Farley Jr., EVP, Global Marketing, Sales, Service. Mark LaNeve, U.S. VP, Marketing, Sales.

Call or email these Ford execs and pitch how you would rather see them spend their marketing dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    Call or email these Ford execs and pitch how you would rather see them spend their marketing dollars.
    And I suspect they'll politely tell you that it's strictly forbidden, because the vendors make a TON of money selling bottled water.
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

IIRC, IAC had cold, bottled water for $1 "donation", one of the aircraft hdwe vendors in the fly market did too. That got shut down by the powers that be.

Banned
    Quite a few vendors have chilled water and soft drinks in ice-filled containers at their exhibits. If you're polite and ask graciously, most will give you some.

Quite a few vendors have chilled water and soft drinks in ice-filled containers at their exhibits. If you're polite and ask graciously, most will give you some.

This is true........been there, done that. It's not on display, but it's there.

A certain water-borne aircraft paint company has a big bucket of bottled water at their booth, labeled “paint thinner.” Clever.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

Great Idea Marty!

I really like your idea Marty. Ford could easily do that and it would be a Genius Marketing move on their part if they did. Every year it's a struggle to get my 79 year old dad to stay hydrated because he's too stubborn to drink water that we buy for him and I'm guessing there are more just like him! Great idea! I'll pass this up Ford's Marketing and Special Events Chain of Command!

Since bottled water (or lack of) seems to make a lot of people anxious, Ford could just fill the bed on a dozen F-150's with ice and bottled water, space them around the grounds and make it free to attendees. I'd remember that when it comes time to buy a car before I'd remember they sponsored Mike Love and his traveling band of misfits that didn't (couldn't) play a single song from start to finish.[/QUOTE]