Thread: Tailwheel endorsement

Tailwheel endorsement

I am located in North Florida and I am looking for a flight instructor in the Jacksonville area that can give tailwheel instruction and endorse my logbook.

I don't know about jacksonville, but there two at Winter Haven.
    And a suggestion, if you are serious about the learning, get the training in something that you fly from the back seat, ie Cub, Stearman, or if a T-6 start in the back.
    It will serve you well later, if and when you move on.
    If you just want the sign off in a log book, you may find a Citabria or Supercub.
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 01-07-2012 at 04:50 PM.

Tailwheel in Jacksonville

I recently had a very nice experience picking up about three hours of refresher training at Flight Dynamics in Deland Florida- call Carolina and tell her I sent you-Doug Becker
    Last edited by aerovest1; 01-13-2012 at 06:51 AM.

There are a couple of options in the Jacksonville area. Give Joel Weaner a call. He is an independant CFI that flys specialty flights (T/W) for a couple of folks. He has a Piper Vagabond that he occasionally uses and I am just finishing rebuilding his PA12 for banner towing and occasional T/W check outs. His number is 904 642-0721 or email at joel@beachbanners.com .

Quote Originally Posted by weckles View Post
    I am located in North Florida and I am looking for a flight instructor in the Jacksonville area that can give tailwheel instruction and endorse my logbook.
    Will the training be in your aircraft? If so what make and model. It is best to get the training in the aircraft you will be flying if possible. As you know all tail wheels are not the same.

There's a great instructor in Lake City, Daryl Hickman.

http://www.flyfloridanow.com