Thread: Hightower Resigns as EAA President/CEO

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Notthat we necessarily need to use the affairs of business as a modelbut I know of several companies that have been severely challenged asthey transitioned from the vision of the founder to that of thesecond generation. I think the folks who are trying to guide the EAAdeserve some credit for listening as we evolve through that stage.And we need to know that these forums are where we exchange ideas butalso where the leadership can sample the attitudes and reactions ofmembers.

Iwould suggest maybe that there should less black and white and morerespectful acceptance of the wonderful range of our goals foraviation and the EAA. I can't quit because I don't particularly likethe fact that our dues support a segment of aviation in which I can'tparticipate. I need to stick around and make my opinion heard. Isthere another choice?

Wemust all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.”
    The journey is the reward.

Quote Originally Posted by prasmussen View Post
    Not that we necessarily need to use the affairs of business as a model but I know of several companies that have been severely challenged asthey transitioned from the vision of the founder to that of thesecond generation. I think the folks who are trying to guide the EAA deserve some credit for listening as we evolve through that stage.And we need to know that these forums are where we exchange ideas butalso where the leadership can sample the attitudes and reactions ofmembers.
    Exactly! Apple is a great current example.