Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Continental A-40 / A40 for sale

Continental A-40 / A40 for sale

I am selling a Continental A-40 from my father's estate. Serial number 341. Bendix-Stromberg updraft carburetor. Single ignition / magneto makes it an A-40, A-40-2, A-40-3, or A-40-4. Engine time and cycles are unknown. No log books are available. It is mostly complete. The magneto is missing, but otherwise, it appears to be complete.

We believe it was originally installed on a Taylor Cub, as my father mentioned a few times over the years that the engine and a Flottorp 6628C-27 wooden propeller he owned had come from a Cub.

I'm asking $1,000.oo US or best offer. The engine is currently located in north Georgia USA. The buyer is responsible for all shipping arrangements and expenses. We can have the engine prepped for shipping (oil drained and engine strapped to a pallet). The property where it is located does have a loading dock, so we should be able to get it loaded on a truck.

If interested, please send me a personal message through the forum.

Jennifer

Name:  Cont_A40-x_01_R.jpg
Views: 3509
Size:  53.5 KB Name:  Cont_A40-x_02_R.jpg
Views: 3501
Size:  63.8 KB Name:  Cont_A40-x_data_plate_R.jpg
Views: 2945
Size:  56.1 KB
    Last edited by JenniferCL; 12-14-2016 at 10:31 PM.

Jennifer: Do you still have the A40? I have been looking for A40 parts for a J2 project.

Karl Henning

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferCL View Post
    I am selling a Continental A-40 from my father's estate. Serial number 341. Bendix-Stromberg updraft carburetor. Single ignition / magneto makes it an A-40, A-40-2, A-40-3, or A-40-4. Engine time and cycles are unknown. No log books are available. It is mostly complete. The magneto is missing, but otherwise, it appears to be complete.

We believe it was originally installed on a Taylor Cub, as my father mentioned a few times over the years that the engine and a Flottorp 6628C-27 wooden propeller he owned had come from a Cub.

I'm asking $1,000.oo US or best offer. The engine is currently located in north Georgia USA. The buyer is responsible for all shipping arrangements and expenses. We can have the engine prepped for shipping (oil drained and engine strapped to a pallet). The property where it is located does have a loading dock, so we should be able to get it loaded on a truck.

If interested, please send me a personal message through the forum.

Jennifer

Name:  Cont_A40-x_01_R.jpg
Views: 3509
Size:  53.5 KB Name:  Cont_A40-x_02_R.jpg
Views: 3501
Size:  63.8 KB Name:  Cont_A40-x_data_plate_R.jpg
Views: 2945
Size:  56.1 KB

Yes, the engine is still available. I'll respond to your Personal Message.

Jennifer

bumping up. The engine is still available.

Where is it located ? And what do you mean bumping up? I am interested . I know we had talked previously but my friend with the J2 did not call.

Karl

Quote Originally Posted by KHP33 View Post
    Where is it located ? And what do you mean bumping up? I am interested . I know we had talked previously but my friend with the J2 did not call.

Karl
    North GA and "bumping" means adding a msg to the thread which brings it back to the top

Karl, I responded to your personal message. Please check your inbox.

Jennifer

Bumping up again. The engine is still available.

Just the thing for that Aeronca C-3 project laying around the barn... OK, I know it's not the RIGHT engine, but who's going to complain?
    Measure twice, cut once...
    scratch head, shrug, shim to fit.

Flying an RV-12. I am building a Fisher Celebrity, slowly.

Has there been any offers?