Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 2016 AirVenture Webcam Feeds

Quote Originally Posted by MEdwards View Post
    I have a comment on the south camera's tour, if you're still tweaking them. It dwells a lot, I guess on ultralight activities, and it is, after all, on the Ultralight tower. But the dwells seem excessively long to me. Second, is there any way it could go a little further left, to show more of Vintage parking, before it reverses back to the right? Many people park down there and want to show the folks back home where they're parked. Thanks for all your long and hard work.

Mike E
    Until aircraft start arriving we don't do a lot of adjusting the tours of the cameras, so this tour is the same as last year. The reason it has some long stops is during the show, the ultralight runway has a lot of activity on it, we receive a lot of requests just to leave all the cameras pointing at the runway, so we try to put a little more time there.

Far as how far we can turn the cameras, I will have to check, but we usually move it as far as we can all directions without it looking at the tower it is mounted on. For the ultralight tower, we had to mount the camera on the west facing point of the tower because of how the crane attaches to the tower when it is raised and lowered, so unfortunately there is a lot of area on the east side of the tower that cannot been seen. When we originally mounted these cameras years ago, we did have it on a different corner, that is when we found out about the lifting requirements. Basically, if we did have the camera on the other corner, the chances of it getting broken off during raising or lowering of the tower is very high.

We are also trying to tweak the encoding of the video in hopes of improving it's quality a little more.

Todd
    Last edited by Todd Ritzman; 07-15-2016 at 03:21 PM.

Thank you, Todd, for taking the time to explain to us folks who aren't aware of all the complexities. Indeed I am remembering quite a few years ago when I was parked right in the middle of the easternmost extent of travel for the tour; no doubt before you had to mount them differently.

Mike E

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Todd Ritzman,

As of 7/16/16, 10:03 AM
    There has been a vast improvement in the South Ultralight and the Central Vintage Webcams.
    Both South & Central Webcams are operating like Full Motion video cameras. (Nice and Smooth)
    What ever you guys are tweaking it is working! (Encoding?)
    If possible, apply the same tweaking technique to the North Warbird Webcam.
    After that EAA Streaming Media should be good to go for The Really Big Shoe.

Maybe next year you guys could tap into this Fiber optic line.

Does EAA Streaming Media have your own Logo or Flag?
    If you did, I would proudly Fly your flag.

Thanks for the viewing pleasure,

Wrong

+1 on the above post!!!!!! Looking great.
    Thank you so much, as I just found out I can not attend this year, on a personal level it means the world to me.
    Rick

I've noticed that I cannot go full screen by clicking the full screen icon in the lower right hand corner as I thought I remembered being able to do in previous years. Maybe I'm mistaken about that as the older I get the more fuzzy past events seem to be. I've gone through all of the troubleshooting checks that are shown when I attempt to go full screen and the "Full screen is unavailable. Learn more" link that I pops up which I click on, to see if the problem is on my end somehow. I've tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox (all on a Mac). The last thing I can see that may be at issue is the very last thing listed on the "Full screen is disabled" YouTube help page that pops up when clicking that link. It says "The owner of the website who has embedded a YouTube player has disabled fullscreen."

Comments?

You know, I should mention something that I failed to mention in the above. I know that by clicking on the YouTube
    icon located between the Settings icon and the AirPlay icon (which all happen to be just to the left of the FullScreen icon) I can go to YouTube and THERE I am able to click the Full Screen icon and then go to Full Screen. I was merely trying to avoid the step of leaving the EAA.org page to utilize Full Screen as in past years I thought this step was unnecessary. File this as a "Just Curious as to why" comment and not as a "complaint" comment please. AND, if my memory of this is total hogwash, kindly disregard.

EDIT: On second thought, I guess it really does not matter much if I need to go to YouTube first before being able to go FullScreen. Just disregard this post and call it a senior moment.
    Last edited by spongebobiwan; 07-16-2016 at 05:10 PM.

Russ Zimmerman
    EAA Member #292524
    "Thanks Paul"

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Todd Ritzman,

As of 7/16/16, 10:03 AM
    There has been a vast improvement in the South Ultralight and the Central Vintage Webcams.
    Both South & Central Webcams are operating like Full Motion video cameras. (Nice and Smooth)
    What ever you guys are tweaking it is working! (Encoding?)
    If possible, apply the same tweaking technique to the North Warbird Webcam.
    After that EAA Streaming Media should be good to go for The Really Big Shoe.

Maybe next year you guys could tap into this Fiber optic line.

Does EAA Streaming Media have your own Logo or Flag?
    If you did, I would proudly Fly your flag.

Thanks for the viewing pleasure,

Wrong
    We will be adding the changes to the North camera here soon. Currently Paul is hosing and encoding that stream and has been out of town for work and this weekend was spent in Oshkosh preparing for next week. I am heading home tonight and will work on the current feeds again tomorrow.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post
    I've noticed that I cannot go full screen by clicking the full screen icon in the lower right hand corner as I thought I remembered being able to do in previous years. Maybe I'm mistaken about that as the older I get the more fuzzy past events seem to be. I've gone through all of the troubleshooting checks that are shown when I attempt to go full screen and the "Full screen is unavailable. Learn more" link that I pops up which I click on, to see if the problem is on my end somehow. I've tried Safari, Chrome, and Firefox (all on a Mac). The last thing I can see that may be at issue is the very last thing listed on the "Full screen is disabled" YouTube help page that pops up when clicking that link. It says "The owner of the website who has embedded a YouTube player has disabled fullscreen."

Comments?

You know, I should mention something that I failed to mention in the above. I know that by clicking on the YouTube
    icon located between the Settings icon and the AirPlay icon (which all happen to be just to the left of the FullScreen icon) I can go to YouTube and THERE I am able to click the Full Screen icon and then go to Full Screen. I was merely trying to avoid the step of leaving the EAA.org page to utilize Full Screen as in past years I thought this step was unnecessary. File this as a "Just Curious as to why" comment and not as a "complaint" comment please. AND, if my memory of this is total hogwash, kindly disregard.

EDIT: On second thought, I guess it really does not matter much if I need to go to YouTube first before being able to go FullScreen. Just disregard this post and call it a senior moment.
    I will take a look. I know setting YouTube up I did not restrict it and I was the one to provide the embedding codes to EAA for the website.

Todd

Quote Originally Posted by spongebobiwan View Post

Comments?

I did verify what you described on my machines too. EAA and I discussed this today and we don't exactly know why it is happening, but I have been told that they have come up with a work around and have implemented it.

Todd
    Last edited by Todd Ritzman; 07-18-2016 at 10:56 AM.

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Todd Ritzman,

I have say that the ability to "Click & View" anywhere in the past 3 hour stream.
    Makes this new system viewing a lot more efficient .
    In prior years you had to wait for the webcam to move threw its tour in order to see what you where looking for.

A. Does it still count as a bandwidth hit, if you are not viewing in live stream mode? (i.e. Viewing past stored streamed video)
    Or
    B. If all the viewer streams are being viewed in live stream mode, is there more bandwidth being used?

If A. or B. are true, then its a win win.
    Win - When viewer can see what they are looking for quicker, viewer is spending less time using the system. Which saves bandwidth.
    Win - When viewer is in non-live stream mode less bandwidth is being used.
    Wrong,
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 07-18-2016 at 07:37 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wrongway Feldman View Post
    Todd Ritzman,

I have say that the ability to "Click & View" anywhere in the past 3 hour stream.
    Makes this new system viewing a lot more efficient .
    In prior years you had to wait for the webcam to move threw its tour in order to see what you where looking for.

A. Does it still count as a bandwidth hit, if you are not viewing in live stream mode? (i.e. Viewing past stored streamed video)
    Or
    B. If all the viewer streams are being viewed in live stream mode, is there more bandwidth being used?

If A. or B. are true, then its a win win.
    Win - When viewer can see what they are looking for quicker, viewer is spending less time using the system. Which saves bandwidth.
    Win - When viewer is in non-live stream mode less bandwidth is being used.
    Wrong,
    There is no difference in bandwidth if watching live or recorded portions.

Todd