Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 21 Days!

Quote Originally Posted by mazdaP5 View Post
    Let's hope it's not bust!
    Amen to that !

Quote Originally Posted by dewi8095 View Post
    I'm flying in on Sunday and staying at the university. Will that bus be running from the field to the university on Sunday?
    A few years ago (6 maybe?) the only thing running to the dorms was a volunteer in his private station wagon. Nice guy. The last few years they have had buses run on Sunday. And, no bad jokes from the bus drivers. And for me, eleven days and a wake up.

Yes the bus will be running! Backup is Oshkosh Cab 920-235-7000, then Uber.

I am also planning to fly in on Sunday and stay in the dorms. I received my NOTAM booklet on Saturday. Checking it twice.

Quote Originally Posted by dewi8095 View Post
    I'm flying in on Sunday and staying at the university. Will that bus be running from the field to the university on Sunday?
    If all goes well, (my god I hope it does) we'll be bring my vintage camper and staying in Scholler. I may take a ride over to the university just to check it out and see if we think it's an option for another year when we can fly up. I'm assuming, (hoping) there will be someone there from the university that I can talk to. Anybody know the poop on this ?
    Bob

Looks like the 10 day Oshkosh forecast is showing near perfect weather!

Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    If all goes well, (my god I hope it does) we'll be bring my vintage camper and staying in Scholler. I may take a ride over to the university just to check it out and see if we think it's an option for another year when we can fly up. I'm assuming, (hoping) there will be someone there from the university that I can talk to. Anybody know the poop on this ?
    Bob
    Robert, your options will be slightly limited. The check-in center during Convention is in the Gruenhagen Conference Center. If you take the bus to the dorms ($3 round trip) it lets you off in front of the dining hall. Get off the bus and walk in the direction of travel the bus is pointing. You'll cross High Ave in about 75'. Go about 1/2 a block and turn left (no street name on google maps); you'll see a bunch of cars parked in front of a set of doors; go in there and you go down to the registration area and talk to folks there. I believe they're open 24 hrs during convention. I don't *think* they'll be able to give you a tour, but could answer all your questions; who knows; if you hit them at the right time and they had an open available room, they might let you peek in.

If you have any specific questions, you can post here or send me a PM; I've been in the dorms every year since 2005.

Taylor Hall and Fletcher Hall are the two a/c dorms. $125/night. Many other non-a/c rooms available for $75/night. There's also a newer dorm (can't recall name) that's more set up for 6 (I think) folks, but it's like $325 (guessing) /night. There are also a few isolated a/c rooms (window a/c units!) in the other dorms, but are few and far between.

These are basic dorms. Twin bed, 4' floor, twin bed, wall. Desks at the end of the beds; hangar area. Period. Bathrooms / showers are down the hall. At least in Taylor Hall, the bathrooms are SPOTLESS; cleaned regularly. Fletcher just completed a renovation to a/c status this year, so I'm unfamiliar with that one. Lot's of dining options within walking distance of the dorms, or you can eat in the dining hall for a relatively reasonable rate (we have a car and meet with 4-8 other couples each night, so I haven't used the dining hall since about 2006...).

Dorm reservations for the following year open up at 8 am on July 1st the preceding year; as in, I'm already booked for 2019. The a/c dorm reservations usually fill up in the first 1/2 hr or so, so call early. There's always the waiting list.

https://uwosh.edu/gcc/home/eaa-airventure-lodging/ has all the info you'd probably want.

We like the dorms (we being me/wife). Don't need 2 cars; she gets up when she wants and takes the bus to the grounds.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by CarlOrton View Post
    Robert, your options will be slightly limited. The check-in center during Convention is in the Gruenhagen Conference Center. If you take the bus to the dorms ($3 round trip) it lets you off in front of the dining hall. Get off the bus and walk in the direction of travel the bus is pointing. You'll cross High Ave in about 75'. Go about 1/2 a block and turn left (no street name on google maps); you'll see a bunch of cars parked in front of a set of doors; go in there and you go down to the registration area and talk to folks there. I believe they're open 24 hrs during convention. I don't *think* they'll be able to give you a tour, but could answer all your questions; who knows; if you hit them at the right time and they had an open available room, they might let you peek in.

If you have any specific questions, you can post here or send me a PM; I've been in the dorms every year since 2005.

Taylor Hall and Fletcher Hall are the two a/c dorms. $125/night. Many other non-a/c rooms available for $75/night. There's also a newer dorm (can't recall name) that's more set up for 6 (I think) folks, but it's like $325 (guessing) /night. There are also a few isolated a/c rooms (window a/c units!) in the other dorms, but are few and far between.

These are basic dorms. Twin bed, 4' floor, twin bed, wall. Desks at the end of the beds; hangar area. Period. Bathrooms / showers are down the hall. At least in Taylor Hall, the bathrooms are SPOTLESS; cleaned regularly. Fletcher just completed a renovation to a/c status this year, so I'm unfamiliar with that one. Lot's of dining options within walking distance of the dorms, or you can eat in the dining hall for a relatively reasonable rate (we have a car and meet with 4-8 other couples each night, so I haven't used the dining hall since about 2006...).

Dorm reservations for the following year open up at 8 am on July 1st the preceding year; as in, I'm already booked for 2019. The a/c dorm reservations usually fill up in the first 1/2 hr or so, so call early. There's always the waiting list.

https://uwosh.edu/gcc/home/eaa-airventure-lodging/ has all the info you'd probably want.

We like the dorms (we being me/wife). Don't need 2 cars; she gets up when she wants and takes the bus to the grounds.
    WOW Carl, thanks for all the info. We will definitely check that out for future reference.
    Bob

I forgot to note that you can have things shipped to Gruenhagen and pick them up when u check in. Then on your departure day, take them to the FedEx booth on the grounds and ship them home.

Carl Orton
    Sonex #1170 / Zenith 750 Cruzer
    http://mykitlog.com/corton

Quote Originally Posted by Bill Berson View Post
    Looks like the 10 day Oshkosh forecast is showing near perfect weather!
    Don't say that out loud! Someone might hear you and do something about it.
    Dave