I followed the Bearhawk Builder Group for several years and it would be my first choice for a homebuilt 4 place. It can be built completely from scratch or there are partial or complete kits available. Russ Erb (EAA Chap 1000) was one of the early scratch builders and disseminater of useful info. Budd Davisson, an aviation writer, reviewed the Bearhawk and couldn't let go. He and others developed a kit version of the Bearhawk which speeds up construction, although requires $$$.

I have been working and building automotive engines on and off since around 1951 and later, after retiring, taking automotive classes at the local Community College. A few years back, I stumbled on a discussion group interested in the Masda Wankel Rotary engine for experimental aircraft use. It took me about a year to shed all my biases for four stroke piston engines and decide The Masda Rotary would be my choice for any experimental that I decided to build. Unfortunately, I now think time for me is running out, Just turned 77

Joel