Thread: Camping entrance

Camping entrance

I’m camping in schoeler this year and trying to figure out what Gate do you enter at? I see there is a camper registration by Poberezny and schuhart ln. Di you have to enter there or can you enter at the west gate, South Gate or Lindbergh gate. How about when leaving the grounds to go to town? Or when checking out when departing home can you depart any gate? I will be leaving early so I will need a refund on unused days if camping. Thanks!!

Upon arrival you must go through camper registration out on Poberezny road at the west gate. Once you're paid up and have your credentials you are free to come and go through any gate any time of day. I believe to get an early exit refund you have to go out through registration again but don't hold me to that as I've never had to do it. I'm sure they will explain all that to you at check-in.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

I'm not sure all the gates are open all night, you may end up having to go to the main (Poberezy Rd) gate if you come back very late. But during normal hours you can come and go out of either of the gates on the Poberezny road or the south gate or the one on Knapp street (if that's still there).

Refund availability depends on the hours:

Camp Scholler Camper Registration Friday, July 22, to Saturday, July 30: 6 a.m.-12 a.m. Sunday, July 31: 6 a.m.-noon.
    South Gate (located at Stits and Ripple roads) Wednesday, July 27, to Sunday, July 31: 6 a.m.-noon.

Note that the roads go into an alternative routing right after the airshow. Best to use the South Gate if you want to get to the highway. If you want to go to the north side of the field, I suggest you go all the way around the south side of the airport and back up.

No refunds for early departures who were in a electric site, FYI.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    No refunds for early departures who were in a electric site, FYI.
    Thanks I will have a non electric site.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I'm not sure all the gates are open all night, you may end up having to go to the main (Poberezy Rd) gate if you come back very late.
    I've come and gone from the Knapp St. gate in the wee hours after midnight, though not us much as I used to.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"

There's a 3 day min so don't leave too early.

I'm pretty sure last year the Knapp St. gate was closed at least at some times and you needed the keypad code to open it.