Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Can any members help me out??

Can any members help me out??

While I feel your plight. Most won't even give to those with medical needs, let alone those who want to play in the 1% club, as the general public views the thing we call aviation. One of the many reasons GA is going...Bye-Bye. Then with all the political garbage going one. The writing is on the wall.

HAS

Yeah, I'm so inclined to give money to someone who shows up here and his one and only made post made immediately after joining is asking for money allegedly for flying lessons (and in an inappropriate area of the forum to boot).

My son is following in my footsteps in helicopter flight school, please send money My sarcastic comment aside, we don't know anything about the OP (because he hasn't told us anything), so if I assume he is a broke young person, I give him credit for trying this.
    Last edited by gbrasch; 05-13-2016 at 03:47 PM.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Quote Originally Posted by gbrasch View Post
    My son is following in my footsteps in helicopter flight school, please send money
    Has he tried standing at the freeway exit ramp with a cardboard sign?? I hear if you wear a propeller beanie hat it really pulls in the donations......

Gee friend, I'm really sorry. I am totally new to all of this. I am not tryin to scam anybody here! I sincerely want to learn to fly and be a part of this thing we call aviation. Please don't be too quick to judge me.

Just a tad rude? But somewhat funny I suppose.

Byron J. Covey
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Newton View Post
    Gee friend, I'm really sorry. I am totally new to all of this. I am not tryin to scam anybody here! I sincerely want to learn to fly and be a part of this thing we call aviation. Please don't be too quick to judge me.
    Many of us prefer the traditional way: Get an education (free to you through grade 12, compliments of land owners and working people - you are welcome), learn a skill, dedicate yourself to doing the very best job that you can, work hard, take care of you family, set aside an appropriate amount for your kid's education and your retirement, then use what might be left to pay your own way. That system worked for many years, until the arrival of professional politicians who have sold their souls in order to stay in power by getting non-producers to vote for them.

BJC

As Mike mentioned, join the military, they are actively seeking people. Many if not most military bases have flying clubs that offer greatly reduced rates for learning to fly. And while you're at it you might learn something worthwhile while you're there.

Bill H.