Thread: Yet Another RV First Flight....

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    EAA Staff / Moderator Charlie Becker's Avatar
    CONGRATULATIONS Glenn!

I appreciated your write up as well. For those still building, take note of Glenn's getting transition training. It is so worth it.

If you send me a few photos I'll pass them along for our What Our Members are Building section in the magazine. (cbecker@eaa.org)

Charlie
    Sonex flight testing complete. Building a Super Cub clone, check it out at www.facebook.com/piratecub

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Becker View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS Glenn!

I appreciated your write up as well. For those still building, take note of Glenn's getting transition training. It is so worth it.

If you send me a few photos I'll pass them along for our What Our Members are Building section in the magazine. (cbecker@eaa.org)

Charlie
    Charlie, you are so right to note the transition training comment. My insurance company actually told me they would not require me to do any because of my experience, but that was out of the question for me. It was worth every penny. I would highly recommend both the training, and Chris Droege in particular if you are going to fly an RV. I am headed back to work but will get you some photos in the next couple weeks, I appreciate that offer.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org

Congrats!! That really gets me in the mood to finish my RV4! Again, congratulations!

Happy to update and report that my flight from Tucson to Oshkosh and back in the RV was smooth and event free. What a great feeling after all these years to land and take off at OSH.
    Glenn Brasch
    KRYN Tucson, Arizona
    2013 RV-9A
    Medevac helicopter pilot (Ret)
    EAA member since 1980
    Owner, "Airport Courtesy Cars" website.
    www.airportcourtesycars.com
    Volunteer Mentor www.SoAZTeenAviation.org