Thread: New EAA TIG welding video is now available!

Goggles New EAA TIG welding video is now available!

Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Jensen View Post
    Interesting,
    Do we know if this video covers the suggested techniques from the FAA, or is it strictly for homebuilts?

This was a video done for homebuilders with Wyatt Swaim, one of the leading experts in TIG welding. We did not cover any FAA regs or requirements.
    Chad Jensen
    EAA #755575

Chad,
    Thanks for the clarification. Only reason I asked is because I get a lot of questions at AV and I have to remind people that any information given by Wyatt, Lincoln, Miller, the henrob guys, Smith, Victor etc, is not a replacement for the suggestions or requirements of a regulating body. Homebuilding guys are free to do whatever they want ( foolishly or not ), and that is part of the fun. However if there is a regulating body involved, their suggestions should be used. Some of what Wyatt and Lincoln teach differes from FAA texts, and thats where the confusion comes in for people learning to weld and fabricate. Personally I take what a tool manufacturer says with a grain of salt, and prefer information from an independent third party. But then I am in engineering, not marketing