Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electrical site only to run CPap machine

Electrical site only to run CPap machine

I use a C Pap machine when I sleep so Iif I could get a electrical site I would bring it otherwise I will leave it at home but not the best idea.my question is can you get a electrical site without water as I don't need water . Staying in a tent also . Thanks

Don't think that's going to happen. Best bet is to get either a battery CPAP or battery-inverter setup.

Yep. I just ordered a RockPals 300W power unit and a DC adapter cord for my CPAP. By getting the adapter no invertor is needed (although the RockPals unit has one) which more importantly equates to longer battery life as you aren't wasting power converting to AC only to covert back to DC.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

I also use a C PAP and I have one, my very first one, that can also be used with 12 volts. When I go camping I just take a Deep Cycle 12 volt battery with me. It will power my C Pap, which only gets used about 5 to 6 hrs a night, and also a small 12 volt fan. I have a small solar panel to help keep the 12 volt charged but I don't know if it really does any good. I general don't camp more that 5 days and haven't had any problems with running out of power.

I bought an automotive jump box (jump and carry 660). I have a 12 volt plug for my CPAP. It usually runs for 3 days before I have to charge it. I use the CPCP without the humidifier camping at EAA.

A friend of mine bought a solar panel and battery charger kit at harbor freight. It's 4'x4' and heavy, but lays flat on one of my bunks in my pop up camper for transport. It does not include a battery. A deep cycle marine battery powered it all night with charge to spare.

Quote Originally Posted by RC Gregg View Post
    A friend of mine bought a solar panel and battery charger kit at harbor freight. It's 4'x4' and heavy, but lays flat on one of my bunks in my pop up camper for transport. It does not include a battery. A deep cycle marine battery powered it all night with charge to spare.
    I should have said it powered my friends cpap machine all night. not the whole camper.

I got my Rockpals 300W power station early last week to run my CPAP and to charge our phones and tablets. I just ran a test using it to power my CPAP and by using a DC adapter cord I was able to get four 7-hour nights out of it. I’m guessing it would have been 2-3 nights had I used the AC plug and the CPAP’s normal power supply. But in any event I estimate that I’ll only have it recharge it at OSH once based upon my test.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

If I'm not mistaken, and it wouldn't be the first time, there are only 3, Electric and Water camp sites left. Not that I'm going this year, just an observation. And correct me if I'm wrong.
    Bob

Some where in the South Pacific,I also do Flyovers for the Green Bay Packers Home Games,GO PacK GO!!
    Quote Originally Posted by robert l View Post
    If I'm not mistaken, and it wouldn't be the first time, there are only 3, Electric and Water camp sites left. Not that I'm going this year, just an observation. And correct me if I'm wrong.
    Bob
    Right now as of 2:31 PM CT 7/16/19, there are no Camp Scholler Electric and Water sites available.
    Improved Camping etix.com
    Last edited by Wrongway Feldman; 07-16-2019 at 01:58 PM.