Thread: Ercoupe to airventure

Ercoupe to airventure

I'm flying from iowa to airventure this coming summer and would like to fly along with other coupe pilots. If your heading that way and would like to go as a group let me know.

Syd Cohen, a well-known Ercoupe owner from Wausau, WI (and all-around nice guy) leads a group flight of Ercoupes into AirVenture each year. They typically meet up at Watertown, WI airport the Sunday morning before and fly in trail into the event. I have done the arrival with them twice, and it is a blast. Subscribe to the ercoupe-tech and ercoupe-flyin Yahoo! Groups to keep up to date, and/or drop Syd a message at sydlois (at) charter.net.

Makes it easy to park the Ercoupe Alley when they all show up at once. We don't have to reserve spots, we just start a new row for them.

Thanks for the information. I'll get in touch with him.

Quote Originally Posted by Maverick View Post
    Thanks for the information. I'll get in touch with him.
    I just saw Syd a few minutes ago. If you haven't reached him, I can help.

Most of the times I flew in with Syd was on Saturday. The only time we flew in on Sunday was 2010, the year of Sloshkosh, when the airport was closed on Saturday. It was actually closed on Sunday too, but they let us little Ercoupes in anyway. We ended up parking in homebuilt, because the showplace area was still a bog.
    Larry Snyder
    Mountain View, Arkansas
    N99340