Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I'm getting into "Pre-Show" mode

Skyranger, Look for Sandy Zorn on face book under airventure tram volunteers section and she will help you out.. We can always use help there.

Still undecided. Have the shots and RV ready to go❗️But after looking at photos of SNF I see most not following the rules SNF published. I have yet to see EAA guidelines. Right now it seems just a money issue.

SNF Rules:

• Guests must follow all posted COVID-19 instructions while visiting the 2021 SUN 'n FUN Aerospace Expo.
    • Masks will be required in all areas where social distancing is not achievable, such as exhibit hangars, ticket queues, enclosed tents and guest shuttles. Signage will be in place reminding guests of this requirement.
    • Guests will be encouraged to wear masks in all open-air locations. Masks will be required where social distancing cannot be maintained, including outdoors. SUN ‘n FUN will provide access to masks and other sanitization options for those guests in need of them.
    • P/A announcements and signage will be used to remind guests to social distance and comply with other COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions.
    • We plan to limit daily event ticket sales, reduce capacities and/or expand footprints in areas where large groups gather, such as the Preferred Airshow Seating and the Exhibit Hangars.
    • All indoor exhibitors will be required to wear masks, as will guests entering the hangars or other enclosed exhibit areas. Outdoor exhibitors can manage access to and requirements in their exhibit booth operation as they require, however we ask that our posted policies be adhered to in every case.
    • Volunteers who work in enclosed areas will be required to wear masks. Chairmen and volunteer workforces in all open-air locations, and operations that do not require social distancing, can determine what are the best safety requirements for their operation.
    • All eating locations will implement social distanced seating and undergo continuous wipe down procedures as well as overnight long-term disinfecting spray downs.
    • All permanent bathrooms and portable shower houses will have attendants in place to conduct ongoing sanitization operations.
    • All permanent shower houses, high touch or traffic areas and port-a-potties will receive a long-term disinfectant spray down each night.
    • We are reviewing pedestrian traffic flows and will implement changes as necessary to limit congestion points.
    • COVID-19 response procedures will be included in our daily event briefing in order to curtail any ongoing issues of non-response and address areas of need.My concern is the camp buses, trams, and inside exhibits. Showers and restrooms should be manned and sensitized continuously.

​We will see what they have for us.

I was at SNF and it seemed like the covid rules were mostly adhered to. I didn’t wear a mask when I was outside but I did inside the buildings. My experience at SNF seemed much less of a risk compared to my airline travel home. Keep in mind, 99.9% of the folks going to Airventure do not have covid, many will have the vaccine. It’s most likely the safest place on earth this July. You have to live your life freely...... weather that is going or not going . See you folks in July!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So let me quote governor Santis: “If you’re immune, act immune.” Why get vaccinated just to fall back into your ways before the vaccine?? There is no doubt that SNF and the state had mixed messaging.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

Quote Originally Posted by Airmutt View Post
    So let me quote governor Santis: “If you’re immune, act immune.” Why get vaccinated just to fall back into your ways before the vaccine?? There is no doubt that SNF and the state had mixed messaging.
    By falling back into your old ways you mean not wearing a mask? Hugging your friends? Talking to people? Living your life? I am doing all those things and using discretion and common sense. There is an easy way to do this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I suspect the rules posted for SnF were more of a CYA affair to provide a feeling of "we did our part - what you decide to do with it is up to you."

Quote Originally Posted by Ronald Franck View Post
    I suspect the rules posted for SnF were more of a CYA affair to provide a feeling of "we did our part - what you decide to do with it is up to you."
    I'm fine with that.

Got confirmation of our Sleepy Hollow campsite yesterday and sent in the balance we owed on the reservation today. S@#t’s getting real now!
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    Got confirmation of our Sleepy Hollow campsite yesterday and sent in the balance we owed on the reservation today. S@#t’s getting real now!

We'll be there, on site 69, as usual.

Speaking of Sleepy Hollow, this will be our first time not camping with our plane in HBC. We’ll be parking in HBP instead for the first time. For the more experienced, what’s the best way to move all of our crap from the plane to Sleepy Hollow? I’m thinking the only practical option is making it a 2-leg trip: welcome wagon from HBP to the Waukau gate, and the SH shuttle from the gate to Sleepy Hollow. Beats walking multiple trips for sure. FWIW we’ll be arriving the Friday before the show, 23 July.
    Last edited by Auburntsts; 04-23-2021 at 08:35 AM.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!