Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: New tram routes announced

The entire forum area is a 'tram quiet zone' - NO talking on the mike - and throughout the grounds we stop only at designated tram stops by design, none of which are in the forum area per the decision of whoever at EAA HQ makes such decisions.

If/when tram passengers feel the rules do not apply to the likes of them and they therefore are free to jump on and off trams whenever and wherever they please I can assure you chaos ensues and injuries WILL happen, needless injuries. That someone at EAA HQ plans to create passenger chaos by eliminating the Vern turn stop is IMHO quite unfortunate and simply need not be. Once one mope jumps on/off a tram, EVERYONE thinks it's OK for them to do so too.

But I just yap on a microphone and go where the John Deere pilot drags me. I ain't the King of Trams ner nuthin'. But I have in the past stopped a tram to throw off a jumper and will likely continue to do so in my role as a conductor responsible for passenger safety.
    "Don't believe everything you see or read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

RANDY, I don't see why anyone needs to talk on a mike just to stop at forums. i'll try to check with EAA also.

Best of luck with that. I don't recall there ever being a tram stop in the middle of the forum area? But if they make one, we'll surely stop there. lol

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    Best of luck with that. I don't recall there ever being a tram stop in the middle of the forum area? But if they make one, we'll surely stop there. lol
    Predates the CURRENT forum area (i.e., the old Sos brother farm).

Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    The entire forum area is a 'tram quiet zone' - NO talking on the mike
    I'm pretty sure your tram speaker is quite a bit less noisy/invasive/bothersome than the jet biplane, T6 props and F35 flybys.

Steve, you haven t ridden with Randy have you ? LOL

Hey now.....I resemble that remark - LOL

I can understand that had I been waiting all year to hear info or learn a new skill in a forum, routine tram info distractions would not be on my list of preferences. We DO use the mike to announce every stop, instruct passengers, mention the next stop and then tell the tractor driver to proceed. I can well appreciate that having that happen several times an hour could be annoying to forum presenters and participants.

I put two good jokes on here for Randy as an example, but someone for some reason took them off. And no they weren't dirty.

I, for one, am glad to see the elimination of the Hangar Cafe turnaround. Yes, the Blue route will be a little longer, but a lot less chaotic. The Yellow route will be unusually short, but with lots of riders coming from the campground buses it makes good sense to have a turnaround near Theater In the Woods and everyone there will get a shot at a seat on the tram. Good job, EAA!
    I do agree that a tram stop should be included near Vintage, perhaps once the tram has made the turn at that corner. It's simply a popular destination.
    A "silent" tram stop close to Forums would be fantastic. Give the tram conductor a light gun to communicate with the driver. LOL
    Randy can use sign language to tell jokes at Forum Central.
    Last edited by Ronald Franck; 03-14-2020 at 09:33 AM.

Randy, no one has to get off a tram while its moving, but if they are stopped in traffic or something should be able to. You talk about "injuries" but in my 38 years of coming to EAA, I have never seen an injury from this, how many do you claim there are? And I am sure you have many more hours of riding than I do. One question, think of how "normal" you might be if you didnt have 20 years? of breathing those diesel fumes? And did you invest all your salary all those years or blow it on beer and cheese curds?
    Last edited by Bill Greenwood; 03-14-2020 at 11:13 AM.