Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: Streaming Media/Cameras - 2013 Official Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    Just wanted to let you know that we did check into Pioneer Airport and watched the activities there for quite awhile. Other than the Bell 47 flying, there really was not much to watch far as flying type activity there. Most of it was just people walking around.

Todd
    OK then, perhaps a couple of dedicated runwaycams would be good instead - I know I'm always asking for more, but that's because I like what you do so much! Again, many thanks!

Rod

Hi,

I would like to chime in to saying a big "Thank you!" for the webcams and the streaming video of the airshow and the Theater in the Woods. This makes not being able to attend this year much less painful. I enjoyed watching the air show stream every day. I also agree that it would be great to have runway cams during the main arrival and departure rush hours, with microphone to capture the ambient sound. That would make it feel like sitting on the flightline, from my own couch at home. I am hoping to attend OSH next year again in a "non-virtual" way.

Edit: Are you going to archive the airshow cam recordings on livestream somewhere for future viewing? Would be great to watch them again on a rainy November afternoon...

all the best from Germany

Thomas
    Last edited by D-ENIA; 08-07-2013 at 07:05 AM.

Looks like the Vintage tower has been lowered, the cam is showing grass and has strange angles of the images!

So I guess that's a wrap for 2013, great job guys see you next year!

I saw as it happened the lowering of the way finding towers. Cameras are still on. Sad to see them coming down till next year.

I too want to say thank you to everyone that worked so hard to let me peak in and see what I missed this year. Having the cameras made havingt o stay home this year just a little less depressing.

Looks like the Vintage tower has been lowered, the cam is showing grass and has strange angles of the images!

So I guess that's a wrap for 2013, great job guys see you next year!

For those of you that still want to peek in at the last images of Oshkosh, the Vintage camera has been pointed back towards the control tower and Phillips 66 Square. This is about the only view we can give with the camera laying down and the picture oriented correctly.

Thanks to all involved and the "until next year" view of the tower! Good to see that the Vintage cam survived its loss of altitude this year!

Jim
    Jim Hann
    EAA 276294 Lifetime
    Vintage 722607
    1957 Piper PA-22/20 "Super Pacer"
    Chapter 32 member www.eaa32.org
    www.mykitlog.com/LinerDrivr
    Fly Baby/Hevle Classic Tandem

Quote Originally Posted by Todd Ritzman View Post
    Thank you to all of you that have enjoyed watching the webcams, Paul and I along with a couple new volunteers (that were gathering recorded footage) like to hear that what we are providing is appreciated.
    My son and I were two of those volunteers shooting daily footage. We got a serious appreciation for what it takes Todd and Paul to make it all work. All we did was film what we were seeing as we experienced Oshkosh (and my son stayed up a little later each night editing), but Todd and Paul - they put in some serious hours and serious effort every day! They deserve major kudos! We learned a lot this year, and we're really looking forward to OSH14!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hann View Post
    Thanks to all involved and the "until next year" view of the tower! Good to see that the Vintage cam survived its loss of altitude this year!

Jim
    Yes, it appears that all the cameras survived their decent back to the ground this year. I am sure the company hired to raise and lower the towers paid special attention to that this year.

Since all 3 webcams are still streaming, would have been nice to have at least one of them pointed toward the runways so we can see the airplane traffic and see how much less active that runway is when AirVenture is not in progress. Nothing worth looking at in the grass.