Thread: Oshkosh 2018: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by Floatsflyer View Post
    I feel much sympathy for those who have been harassed by these exhibitors. Not only should they be reported for their unsavoury and unwanted behaviour, they must also be prohibited from exhibiting in any future years. We come to Oshkosh for enjoyment and relaxation, not intimidation.
    I think in this context, "aggressive" means "Not quickly taking no as an answer." I don't think they are threatening anyone or chasing people down aisles.

IMO, it would be better for attendees to ignore those vendors while EAA takes their (the vendor's) money. Eventually, the problem will solve itself.
    Last edited by Kyle Boatright; 08-28-2018 at 04:32 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle Boatright View Post
    I think in this context, "aggressive" means "Not quickly taking no as an answer." I don't think they are threatening anyone or chasing people down aisles.
    I believe this form of "aggressive...answer" is not threatening but it sure is definition of harassment and no one should have to tolerate it.

I must share Floats' negative aura - lol - can't say I've been made to feel even remotely uncomfortable by any of the "as seen on TV" type product vendors. I vote with my feet and my wallet. A polite NO has more than sufficed to keep them at bay.

The only ones I enjoy interacting with are the ones that offer 'Pain Relief' protocols. I always let them know I got rid of all my pains 18 years ago - she now lives in Ohio with her new husband.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by CHICAGORANDY View Post
    The only ones I enjoy interacting with are the ones that offer 'Pain Relief' protocols. I always let them know I got rid of all my pains 18 years ago - she now lives in Ohio with her new husband.
    Very funny, right on. If I wanted to be harrassed, I wouldn't come to Osh, I'd stay home!

I only had one guy approach me, he left his booth and headed straight for me. Guess I looked like a sucker! He was hawking rain gutter screen and I just happened to be interested in what he was selling so I followed him to his booth and checked out his product. Took about 5 minutes of my time. The one that gets my vote, and I'll never forget how helpful he was, was the guy in the I-Com booth. I told him I had an old I-Com AC-21, or is it CA-21, whatever, and I had lost the antenna and wondered if they still carried that part. He told me that I-Com hadn't changed the antenna mount in years and reached under the counter and pulled one out. I couldn't believe it, now I can listen while sitting at camp. Ok, now, how much do I owe you for this antique part? Nothing, what, I said, and he said, no charge. I tried to pay him something but he wouldn't hear of it. Wow, I'll never forget his generosity, but I don't remember his name. Sigh !
    Bob

A few years ago there was a guy selling those stupid "tens" units. I griped. They were throttled.