Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Scholler Improved Camping

Quote Originally Posted by FlyingRon View Post
    I think the only restriction on the 24 hour generator area is no tents (presumably this means on the ground, rather than those as sides of a popup).
    My pop up is all hard side, no canvas ! But, it's still a pop up !
    Bob

If I remember correctly, there is a bicycle parking area near the Knapp st. entrance. Is there also one near the Main Gate entrance?
    Thanks,
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by N3kf View Post
    Cause you pay from today through the end of the week of Oshkosh. That's the way they work. That's why so many sites are still available.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    So, if I reserve today the 14th and do not arrive until the 20th I get charged from the 14th even though I will not be using the site?

I guess then I am better off waiting until the day I arrive to pay for the site?, if any are left that is, they need to make it like hotels or other campgrounds, just another way to get every dime, out of us, please correct me if I am wrong

Quote Originally Posted by strangebird View Post
    So, if I reserve today the 14th and do not arrive until the 20th I get charged from the 14th even though I will not be using the site?

I guess then I am better off waiting until the day I arrive to pay for the site?, if any are left that is, they need to make it like hotels or other campgrounds, just another way to get every dime, out of us, please correct me if I am wrong
    Yes, this is true, you pay from the time you reserve an improved site through the end of the convention. Not likely to change since the spots are usually all gone by opening day. As long as people are willing to pay, the EAA will continue to charge......
    Rod Schneider
    RV-6 N164ME
    B-17F N3703G "The Movie Memphis Belle"
    B-17G N390TH "Liberty Belle"
    B-17G N3701G "Ye Olde Pub"
    Liberty Foundation

Quote Originally Posted by strangebird View Post

There is a web site that you can book your spot in the campground and it shows you how many, and which ones are still available. BUT, I don't remember the web site. Sorry. I'm sure someone on here can help with that.
    Bob

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    That rule applies to all camp sites, not just the “improved” ones.
    Not so. I have an email from EAA clarifying that it only applies to the electric/water sites.

Cary
    "I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...,
    put out my hand and touched the face of God." J.G. Magee

Quote Originally Posted by Cary View Post
    Not so. I have an email from EAA clarifying that it only applies to the electric/water sites.

Cary
    That does not jive with my camping experience in both Scholler or HBC, nor does it match what’s on the website. Not saying there hasn’t been a change that the website hasn’t caught up to, but as recently as last year you always paid for the entire week (plus any advance days) and were refunded for any nights you didn’t stay at departure.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

From everything I read posted by the EAA, the newer Electric sites are the only sites that can be specifically reserved. As such, you pay from the date you reserve the site through the end of the show with no refunds available for early departure. All other sites are first come, first serve and you pay from the first arrival day through the end of the show but are eligible for a refund for early departure. Refunds are based on minimum stay of three days. So, if you only camp two nights, lets say Monday and Tuesday night and leave Wednesday before noon , you will be refunded for the remaining days, starting with Thursday night, satisfying the three day minimum stay. Hope that's clear as mud ....... ;-)
    Marty

You can reserve the regular or improved Scholler campsites online-- there's separate links on the reservation site (same site where you can buy tickets). All of the aircraft camping sites are first come first with no online reservation provision.
    Todd “I drink and know things” Stovall
    PP ASEL - IA
    RV-10 N728TT - Flying
    EAA Lifetime Member
    WAR DAMN EAGLE!

Quote Originally Posted by Auburntsts View Post
    You can reserve the regular or improved Scholler campsites online-- there's separate links on the reservation site (same site where you can buy tickets). All of the aircraft camping sites are first come first with no online reservation provision.
    You can buy general Scholler camping tickets online, but you can only reserve actual sites in the improved camping areas. All others are first come first served.
    Jeff Point
    RV-6 and RLU-1 built & flying
    Tech Counselor, Flight Advisor & President, EAA Chapter 18
    Milwaukee, WI
    "It All Started Here!"