Thread: Some Quick Humor

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Two friends were each flying their aircraft to a fly-in about 100 miles away. They were a few miles apart and the one in the lead was retired ATC. Their route had them coming near a Class D airfield, so the pilot in the lead (retired ATC) contacted tower, decided the controller must not be having a good day so decided to fly around that airspace. He tried to contact the 2nd pilot on their agreed upon frequency, but could not reach him. He switched back to tower freq in time to hear 2nd pilot getting yelled at by tower, then told to call tower when they got to their destination (about 30 miles away). When they both landed at the destination, the retired ATC pilot was coaching the other what to say and not say, etc. So when retired ATC pilot thought he was ready my friend called the tower.

Tower: Are you Doctor __ from __?
    Pilot: Yes. (He is a plastic surgeon)
    Tower: I'm __, you did my wife's b**b job. (breast augmentation)
    Pilot: Well, I hope you are pleased with the results.
    Tower: Oh yes, thank you very much! Please practice your radio skills and have a nice day!
    Pilot: I'm glad you are pleased, I will work on my radio skills and you have a great day too!

That is a true story.

Anyone have a better tale when told to "call the tower"?

Quote Originally Posted by GordonT View Post
    Two friends were each flying their aircraft to a fly-in about 100 miles away. They were a few miles apart and the one in the lead was retired ATC. Their route had them coming near a Class D airfield, so the pilot in the lead (retired ATC) contacted tower, decided the controller must not be having a good day so decided to fly around that airspace. He tried to contact the 2nd pilot on their agreed upon frequency, but could not reach him. He switched back to tower freq in time to hear 2nd pilot getting yelled at by tower, then told to call tower when they got to their destination (about 30 miles away). When they both landed at the destination, the retired ATC pilot was coaching the other what to say and not say, etc. So when retired ATC pilot thought he was ready my friend called the tower.

Tower: Are you Doctor __ from __?
    Pilot: Yes. (He is a plastic surgeon)
    Tower: I'm __, you did my wife's b**b job. (breast augmentation)
    Pilot: Well, I hope you are pleased with the results.
    Tower: Oh yes, thank you very much! Please practice your radio skills and have a nice day!
    Pilot: I'm glad you are pleased, I will work on my radio skills and you have a great day too!

That is a true story.

Anyone have a better tale when told to "call the tower"?
    Don't...