Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Aeroshell cow posters.

Aeroshell cow posters.

So, I haven’t looked to hard but I didn’t find aeroshell mentioned in the vendor list. I hoping to get my annual cow poster for my daughters. I guy on the tram said aeroshell doesn’t have a booth this year. Is that true? No more cow posters?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was wondering the same thing. I was looking for their booth, and did not see one listed anywhere. Did not see anything about the poster on the web. Disappointed! Was looking forward to see what they would have done with all what happened in 2020.

The folks in the Phillips both said that Aeroshell wasn't able to get a supply of oil so they just didn't show up.

I can believe that. Stopped into our local Shell distributor last week to pick up a case, none in stock. They said it only comes in a case here and there, no big shipments due to a tanker sinking offshore?

I, too, was disappointed there weren't any cow posters this year. My first time back in over 12 years and I was hoping to continue my collection. I've written to Aeroshelll to ask about it. If I get a reply I'll post it here.

I went to Phillips to ask them. I figured they would be happy to bash the competition. They said it was tough on vendors to make oshkosh happen this year. there is a lot of work to be done and you had to make a go/no go decision at least 6 months in advance. The guy I talked to said not to infer too much. Aeroshell probably got burned in 2020 and has cases of unused posters they pitched last year. They Just decided to not take the risk this year and in January things still looked better uncertain.

In addition everyone seems to be having supply chain issues these days. Piper didn’t have much of any shirts to sell. The eaa warehouse shop was half full and picked over by midweek. I went to new Holstein and they had nothing for sale either. Record attendance and the vendors were a little behind the power curve in my view. Vintage and warbirds seemed better prepared.

Hope things get back to normal next year. All in all not bad given what we have gone through with COVID. Was just glad to be back on the field and we were like 90% of normal in my view. That’s pretty impressive when you think about it.

Aeroshell had a single page ad in the Visitor's Guide for this year which stated they were not present and are planning to return in 2022.
    Name:  01.jpg
Views: 1168
Size:  20.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by Wingtip View Post
    I, too, was disappointed there weren't any cow posters this year. My first time back in over 12 years and I was hoping to continue my collection. I've written to Aeroshelll to ask about it. If I get a reply I'll post it here.
    I called shells marketing group a year or so ago. I got some intern and she was nice but never did anything. I was hoping to get reprints of some of the years that I missed and figured they would be happy to oblige since it builds customer good will.

At first the internet was opotomistc and said she would get back to me. She said they use to sell the posters in their boutique but they have since closed it. I said I would be happy to buy back issues if they would sell them to me. Or, if shell has no interest could I get a copy of the files that I could send to a printer to make me a duplicate. Or, if they want to control the file, if they would send the file to a printer I would pay the printing costs. She said she would check. I followed up a few times and never heard anything again.

If you search on the internet, there are also some old discussions that shell would post the poster as a pdf on their site for download. Those links are all long gone now. So, she’ll at one time had the electronic files and would let the public make copies.

Not sure why they won’t make these available. I wasn’t into them when I started going to oshkosh. Now I would like to fill out my collection for the years I was there but just can’t find them anywhere.

Tim

On a similar note, I was disappointed to not get a Champion 2021 sticker with my wristband when it showed up and just assumed they were a victim of COVID. During the show I was told they weren’t available at Admissions. Fortunately I volunteered to help break things down and it was offered to me. I know some people were disappointed that they didn’t score one.
    Dave Shaw
    EAA 67180 Lifetime
    Learn to Build, Build to Fly, Fly for Fun

We get requests for them daily at the Membership tent at Four Corners every year and provide them as long as we have supply. Just an FYI if you should ever be in a similar situation in future years.