Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: EAA Mission & Vision Statements

Quote Originally Posted by steveinindy View Post
    It's not desperate. It's basic marketing. If the person can't afford the more expensive option, you introduce them to the less expensive one.
    According to Wikipedia, "Bait-and-switch is a form of fraud, most commonly used in retail sales but also applicable to other contexts." If you meant simple marketing tactics, why didn't you say so? Don't, instead, use an emotionally-loaded term like "bait and switch" which has all sorts of negative connotations to most people and expect them to guess at your true meaning.
    Bill

That's not bait and switch...it's me learning over time what a goldmine vintage aircraft are. People will come around if you let them.
    Agreed. Bait and switch was a poor choice of words on my part. I may dream of building my little turboprop to haul myself and several friends/colleagues around at high altitude and speed but two of my favorite planes remain L-birds and the PBY Catalina.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

We all must be bored! To bad we all can't go down to some hanger and get the grills out and talk this all out!

Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    We all must be bored! To bad we all can't go down to some hanger and get the grills out and talk this all out!
    Yeah, there's not enough of that going on anymore. Just hanging out at the airport is one of my favorite activities...there just seem to be less and less people there every year.
    Dave Sterling
    1957 PA22-150/160
    N6929D
    Website

At our last Pancake breakfast we had 175 people and anout 30 airplanes. We had all kinds of people coming and pitching in ! It was great. I learned from my good freind Sean you can cure alot of I'lls on a airport with a grill. Two things hold true, You can't argue when your mouth is full and we all like to eat.

Quote Originally Posted by RV8505 View Post
    At our last Pancake breakfast we had 175 people and anout 30 airplanes. We had all kinds of people coming and pitching in ! It was great. I learned from my good freind Sean you can cure alot of I'lls on a airport with a grill. Two things hold true, You can't argue when your mouth is full and we all like to eat.
    Agreed. That said, anyone who wants to come over for dinner is always welcome at my apartment. I like to cook and look for excuses to do so. Maybe we could settle a few differences that way.
    Unfortunately in science what you believe is irrelevant.

"I'm an old-fashioned Southern Gentleman. Which means I can be a cast-iron son-of-a-***** when I want to be."- Robert A. Heinlein.

Quote Originally Posted by Bill View Post
    What's the point of having a second AOPA? I'm a member of both, but if they're duplicating their purposes for existence, why should I pay for two when one will do?
    i asked myself that question. i no longer do that. if it weren't for chapters, i wouldn't be here anymore, either.