Thread: Fillet Question

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

[QUOTE=rwanttaja;79194Ron Wanttaja[/QUOTE]I'm not that fired about this design because it cantilevers off the instrument panel; don't like the way loads are going to go. I'm working on a more-squat design

I have worked with all things audio for many years and saw this problem right away. You are correct to be concerned about the moment-arm weight from all this hanging on the 1/4" jack. By the time the actual headset cable and plug are connected there is considerable force. I don't have a guess about this force making for actual breakage, but it will make for internal connection problems. You likely know that there are factory-made transformer adapters just like this, for sale at any audio outlet (including Radio Shack if you can find one). But they are made of metal and much heavier than your SW design. I'm guessing that's why you are bothering to do this work. But the cantilever and significant moment arm seems dicey to me. I would try to design something that is a 90 degree plug.
    Last edited by flyrgreen; 12-17-2019 at 01:58 PM.