Quote Originally Posted by Eli Josephs View Post
Some of you may enjoy this! For the past few years I've been working on various B-17 restorations across the country, and have been working on building up my own airworthy cockpit section. Some day, I hope to recover a wreck or project, and get it to an airworthy status... But that's a long way off! For now, I've been making the most complete and accurate CAD model of the B-17. Specifically, this is B-17G-80-BO 43-38083.
I started using a different educational copy of Solidworks. Since then, I have become a certified Solidworks Associate, and then a certified Solidworks Professional through the CSWA and CSWP.
Beautiful work! At AirVenture, I was talking with a volunteer who has worked on EAA's B17. EAA subscribes to Aircorp's Library (a steal at $5/month) and this volunteer has worked on creating various schematics and notes for our maintenance team from scans of the B17 manuals in the Aircorp Library. We were talking about how it would be great if we could enlist EAA Volunteers to redraw warbirds (and other aircraft) in SOLIDWORKS to assist others in restoration work.