Thread: Training toward PPL but move to Sport Pilot now

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Quote Originally Posted by tx_pilot View Post
    Good deal.

Since the (current) plane is local and of course AM is local to Texas as well, I may see about getting them to inspect for me prior to purchase. I have not discussed this with John C. yet to verify if he, or someone he knows or works for them would or not but I'll cross that bridge when we get there. I will also try to do a lot of my last little bit of instruction with them if I go the Chinook direction.

You know, I have really thought about this topic just because I am so close to the PPL. I'm 35 and really don't have any health issues to worry about, so the whole medical doesn't bother me. However, I've been weighing my options for some time now and I just feel like an experimental would be best for me now days.
    You will not regret going for the PPL. That decision does not need to be made till you go for the written though.

If you get the third class medical to solo a non LSA that will hold a basic med option for 10 years. You are on the verge of the EKG requirement that affects the cost issue for third class.
    Last edited by jedi; 10-26-2018 at 06:05 AM.